• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Every couple of months we have been hosting an Open Carry Cigar Night at one of my cigar lounges in Schererville. We don't have one on the schedule right now but we are due to schedule another Cigar Night, if there is enough interest, I'd be happy to host another event.

At the last event we had some free snacks, free coffee and of course, lots of cigar smoke.

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    In the 17 years i've lived in NWI, I've only twice seen an open carrier that wasn't a police officer. It truly is concealed or nothing in this area (st. john, schererville, highland, crown point)

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I'm in Valpo. OC here is fairly rare. I still do on occasion, and have only had a few incidents. I always OC in Merrillville/Hobart unless I'm at the mall. Then it's CC so I don't have to deal with retard mall-wannabes.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    In the 17 years i've lived in NWI, I've only twice seen an open carrier that wasn't a police officer. It truly is concealed or nothing in this area (st. john, schererville, highland, crown point)

Umm...
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...on_dec_5th_2009_at_quaker_steak_and_lube.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...wi_meet_up_before_valpo_show_2-20-2010_a.html

I know for a fact that there were a number of folks OCing both of these times. ;)

Here is another one as well:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e/17465-nwi_oc_lunch_participants_thanks.html

There have also been several cigar nights at Melen's dad's cigar shops also. So I think that while OC is not commonplace, it is more common that some folks realize.

Greg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Agree we need another OC/eating event. Been so focused on the NWI INGO range day: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...30_2010_or_06_06_2010_nwi_meet_and_shoot.html

that have not really thought about it.

Welcome OP to INGO BTW.
    FYI we have an INGO NWI group you may want to join to get updates on local events.
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

So since you brought up the idea do you want to "sponsor and event". By that it just means making a poll to pick a date, making a poll to select a place & calling said place to confirm if they are Ok with OC and if we can reserver xxx slots for event and then making the actual thread for the event. Clif45 did the last one for us (in terms of calling around places to eat), see the post GhostofWinter posted.

I can tell you that for sure the regulars will show up.
    GhostofWinter
    LadyGhost
    Bubba
    AuniteB
    Jedi
    Jubbie
    Clif45

casue I'm hungry already. LOL!

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    There's a few of us in NWI. We are just never seem to be at the same place at the same time, unless it's planned. Past places we've planned that I remember are: Cabela's, Northwoods, IHOP (I missed this one), and Quaker Steak. Bottom line, make sure to pick a place that serves bacon.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There's a few of us in NWI. We are just never seem to be at the same place at the same time, unless it's planned. Past places we've planned that I remember are: Cabela's, Northwoods, IHOP (I missed this one), and Quaker Steak. Bottom line, make sure to pick a place that serves bacon.

bacon_ak_47.jpg

Thanks Jubbie you just managed to de-rail this whole thread now that you have us focused on BACON!!!! All hail the :bacondance:! :laugh:

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Sorry about the thread jack. I need to watch how I throw around the "B" word. Just saw the OP's post count and thought it would help. Guess we can use this thread to toss around ideas. It'll have to be after the next Shoot, which if memory serves will be on the 5th or 6th (gonna try to make this one). As for place, I'd say Northwoods was very kind to us. Manager thanked us for coming out. I know people in the past were mentioning the price of going out. Hopefully everyone is doing better nowadays. Economy is coming back, albeit slowly.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    ive lived on the boarder for years and in cedar lake for a year now and have yet to see an oc. i did it outside doing yard work. First i ever open carried. if i get my kimbers rear safty working again i just might do it more often.

Top Bottom