• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I am normally a closed carry kinda guy. And I have never opened carried before. But I recieved a new Christmas present today. I'ts a Fobus paddel holster. IE open carry. I have been wearing it around the house tonight and I have on several occasions bumpped my firearm into a couple of door jams and walls. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it because I don't think I'll open carry much. Anyone else have this problem?

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    I OC my Sig 229 in a Fobus. It takes a little gettin used to, but I think you'll be happy with it. It's pretty easy to conceal in the colder months with a hoodie. I really don't think you can go wrong with a Fobus!

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    It happens and for the record you can CONSEALED CARRY with a paddle back holester just untuck your shirt. I OC often and CC as well. Go with what is most comfortable for you. OC or CC I like my Paddle holester most because it's more comfortable than my IWB Holester and easier to draw from. I can also take it off a little easier. :welcome:

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Yeah I'm liking it already. I like my comp-tac minotaur as well. It's a IWB holster that practically makes my firearm disapear on my 180 pound body. The Fobus was a christmas gift and I like it very much. It looks to be very well made. It by far is more comfortable than the IWB holster.

glockpatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Hello, all of my holsters are Fobus. Fobus Holsters are made in Israel. Also, in Glocks magazine this holster is recommened. :draw:

MERRY CHRISTMAS! and a Happy New Year.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For the money it is hard to beat a FOBUS. FOBUS paddle with a snub nose .38 has become my preferred carry rig. Like someone else already mentioned just untuck your shirt or throw on a light jacket. Sure it prints a little but the sheeple don't seem to notice.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The only problem I have ran into with paddle holsters is this. Sometimes when I go to draw, the weapon will no release. So there I am with gun in hand still in the holster. So now I strictly only use a belt holster.

Dennis0130

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Goshen, IN
    I recently just got a FOBUS and I have caught myself bumping into things also. Its a nice holster but i think it will take me awhile to get used to wearing it.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Were you carrying in the 3:00? It is easy to bump it on things when you're not used to the extra width. It will help if you move it around to 3:3 or 4:00.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    My weapon is a tool, I don't care about holster wear or tearing it up, if you like paddle holsters get a blade tech, I started with a Fobus, the bladetech is top notch! I love the speed of the draw with a paddle holster!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I am normally a closed carry kinda guy. And I have never opened carried before. But I recieved a new Christmas present today. I'ts a Fobus paddel holster. IE open carry. I have been wearing it around the house tonight and I have on several occasions bumpped my firearm into a couple of door jams and walls. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it because I don't think I'll open carry much. Anyone else have this problem?
    I can't believe nobody has told you to lose some weight or make your doors and hallways larger? :rockwoot:

j/k - You could always practice holding your arms out like LEO's do. :D

plus-police-officer-costume.jpg

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i pretty much always carry IWB since it is more comfortable for me, but i do have a few paddle holsters that i have used before and i guess im just clumsy cause i seem to bump it on everything! after getting used to it im sure you will be fine. good luck

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I can't believe nobody has told you to lose some weight or make your doors and hallways larger? :rockwoot:

j/k - You could always practice holding your arms out like LEO's do. :D

Actually, we have been through that here, lol. Several of us were having a discussion about carrying as a "calorically challenged" individual, and we were actually told by some users to "lose some weight". As you can imagine, the thread did not turn out well :-)

Actually, I have lost weight recently, and when I do OC I can feel the difference in not bumping into things, and fitting better in the chairs, lol.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Do NOT open carry with a Fobus. DON'T DO IT. I had my gun snatched out of one!

They don't work for OC, they suck at retention, they are bad. Look through my post history and dig up my old thread about shooting at Kingsburry.

I have learned the hard way that you should NEVER OC a holster without mechanical retention. Just don't.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom