• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I support your message OP but advise you to find other ways to express your displeasure. I for one choose to just ignore everything this idiot does. If he comes on tv, I change the channel. Not giving him any ratings.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's sad and unfortunate that the wise and probably correct opinion is that we would be correctly in fear of government agents for simply standing there without concealing what we carry all the time. It's wrong and I don't like it, but I think it's a virtual guarantee that if you're visibly armed anywhere in the vicinity, you will have an unpleasant experience as your rights and person are violated. I would be surprised if being concealed would make too much difference if you're close enough.

I would also expect that everyone on the premised is going to be screened electronically, either actively or passively.

Ultimately, no protest will have any positive effect. If I believed that there was even a remote chance of any positive outcome, I would reconsider, but I don't see it.

In addition, I don't want to be anywhere near that person or his entourage, ever, for any reason. It may be hollow talk because I'll never win any kind of award, but if I were someone receiving an award traditionally awarded by the president, I would refuse to accept it from him or anyone like him.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's sad and unfortunate that the wise and probably correct opinion is that we would be correctly in fear of government agents for simply standing there without concealing what we carry all the time. It's wrong and I don't like it, but I think it's a virtual guarantee that if you're visibly armed anywhere in the vicinity, you will have an unpleasant experience as your rights and person are violated. I would be surprised if being concealed would make too much difference if you're close enough.

I would also expect that everyone on the premised is going to be screened electronically, either actively or passively.

Ultimately, no protest will have any positive effect. If I believed that there was even a remote chance of any positive outcome, I would reconsider, but I don't see it.

In addition, I don't want to be anywhere near that person or his entourage, ever, for any reason. It may be hollow talk because I'll never win any kind of award, but if I were someone receiving an award traditionally awarded by the president, I would refuse to accept it from him or anyone like him.
    Don't feel too bad, we are not even allowed close while in uniform and armed. It's a USSS thing.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't feel too bad, we are not even allowed close while in uniform and armed. It's a USSS thing.

Heh, just because you're treated like serfs in this case also doesn't make it any better.

I do feel sympathy for you that you have to be in the vicinity during this event. I am avoiding Marion County until the ruling elite and their agents have vacated.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Is this you?

[video=youtube_share;g_Yj9erXZeQ]http://youtu.be/g_Yj9erXZeQ[/video]

OMG!! How did you find [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE]...this video?!? I thought it had been taken down.

I met that crazy cat women and she brought two of her cats. She and I went into my moms basement and I tried to introduce her cats Fluffy and Cheetah to my earthworms and they both ATTACKED my earthworms!! They ate nearly half of my dear pet earthworms before I could grab my Autographed Mickey Mantle Louisville Slugger bat and stop them! The crazy cat women tried to grab them and run up the stairs and out of the basement but I wacked her in the head so hard...but I don't talk of that anymore. She and her cats now feed the earthworms I have left. Justice is what I say!

:bat:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I remember when Clinton came to Hawaii for the 50th Anniversary of W.W. II, bolt removed from M-16s, pistols tie with cable ties, etc, etc. Me and the other COs just bought water pistols in stuck in our holsters for the parade.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I remember when Clinton came to Hawaii for the 50th Anniversary of W.W. II, bolt removed from M-16s, pistols tie with cable ties, etc, etc. Me and the other COs just bought water pistols in stuck in our holsters for the parade.

Was that a policy in place with previous presidents? I remember rumors in 1990s that it started with Clinton's administration. I won't speculate on the reasons or whether or not it was justified.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Was that a policy in place with previous presidents? I remember rumors in 1990s that it started with Clinton's administration. I won't speculate on the reasons or whether or not it was justified.

Clinton was the only CINC that I had the "honor" of parading for so can't answer.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    A few things I likely won't do...

With our anti-gun president in town would anybody be up to an open carry event across the street from Ivy Tech?

Don't spit into the wind
    Don't tug on Superman's cape
    Don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger

and don't OC across the street from a POTUS appearance.......:twocents:

Last edited:

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I ended up not going and here is why.

I thought about it for a while and realized that my chances of being shot by an SS on a roof when I reach to scratch my rear just may not be the best use of my time. While I am saddened to have to accept that answer I know it is the best for my family and the gun community. If something would have happened I know that I would have been portrayed in the media as a gun nut determined on hurting a certain unnamed person. That and more than likely the dirt bag would have never seen me nor my sign, and if he did it wouldn't have phased him one but.

While I am happy and willing to protest for my rights and the rights of others I have always told myself that sometimes times you need to be silent and pick the battle and not to die on a hill at the wrong time.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I ended up not going and here is why.

I thought about it for a while and realized that my chances of being shot by an SS on a roof when I reach to scratch my rear just may not be the best use of my time. While I am saddened to have to accept that answer I know it is the best for my family and the gun community. If something would have happened I know that I would have been portrayed in the media as a gun nut determined on hurting a certain unnamed person. That and more than likely the dirt bag would have never seen me nor my sign, and if he did it wouldn't have phased him one but.

While I am happy and willing to protest for my rights and the rights of others I have always told myself that sometimes times you need to be silent and pick the battle and not to die on a hill at the wrong time.

If you want to advance gun rights by open carrying, you will probably do more by doing so in your local community. Peacefully shopping at the grocery store, getting gas, going to the hardware store while open carrying will probably have more of a positive impact for the 2nd Amendment than tempting fate by deliberately wandering anywhere near the Secret Service. While I do know they have had their security issues lately, I don't recommend "helping" them identify their security flaws. :)

Top Bottom