Open carry bike (motorcycle) ride/meet-greet/shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INGO Shooters and Scooters T-shirt colors

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    I've been bouncing this thought around my head for a while. Would there be any interests from the riders out there for a meet and greet with a ride and even a break to a shooting range?

I don't have a specific route or range or anything like that, just an idea. Any thoughts?

*If this is the wrong board to post, please delete.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I would love to see a type of "poker" run for the bikers.

Pick 4 or 5 ranges and have them be "stops". At each range, a target must be shot at progressively distances. start at 7 yards, then 10, then 15, etc. 10 shots per target for an agreed to caliber (22lr). Best score at the end of the day wins.

You could start at WW, go to Eagle Creek, then Lafayette, then ???

It would be a fun day. A lot of riding, some friendly competitive shooting.

Someone not nearly as lazy as I am should organize such a day.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN

Pick 4 or 5 ranges and have them be "stops". At each range, a target must be shot at progressively distances. start at 7 yards, then 10, then 15, etc. 10 shots per target for an agreed to caliber (22lr). Best score at the end of the day wins.

Now, this sounds like fun. I could get into this. If you want to go as far as Harlan, I could make the FWRR club range available.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I love firearms, and I love motorcycles. As someone who has ridden coast to coast a number of times since 1974, I have one thing to think about other than the political statement. In Sept 2004, I put a bike down hard, really hard. I was on my back for a couple weeks and used a walker for a couple months before using only a cane. I have not fully recovered even now. I would hate to think of the damage to my pelvis had a 1911 shaped object been embedded into my torso. These days, my tool of choice for protecting life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness rides very nicely in my TourMaster tank bag, and I ride with safety gear all the time.

On my way home just a couple hours ago, on a rural highway, I only missed a large deer by 2 or 3 yards at 60mph. Had not the good Lord been looking out for me, that situation would have really hurt. With a pistol on my side, it would have hurt more.

BTW, did you know that Indian motorcycles used to have a lot of the law enforcement contracts? To accomodate their LEO customers they put the throttle on the left side, so the officers right hand was free to shoot his revolver. Those were the days.

kinorton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I rode to New Castle to shoot at Wilbur Wright. I'd say we could go there, but that's just because that's the only free range I know of.

I was going to do that a while back, my buddy I was going to ride with got off to late for that ride. I like to open carry while I ride any way.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I would love to do something like this! I live in Bloomington (when school is in session) so I would recommend some of the roads down there as well as shooting at the Atterbury range. And Bloomington has some great restaurants. Man, I'm glad this all got worked out so smoothly. Now all we need is a date! :D

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI

Sounds like the perfect day to me. If it could be on a Sunday I'd definitely be interested.:rockwoot:

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Well hell. I say we get the ball rolling. Im in Indianapolis and I will travel anywhere in IN on bike. Any suggestions on a staging area?

Maybe it would be a good idea to find out who all wants to go and see where they're located. We could pick an area closest to the most people. I'm on the northeast side of Indy during the summer, but by mid-August I'll be back in Bloomington and I wouldn't mind helping coordinate something down there if people are interested.

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    Ok so there is a lot of interests. The only thing is, we'd probably have to coordinate with ranges. I'm sure they would frown upon a bunch of bikers just showing up shooting a target and jetting out of there.

I'd be down to meet up with anyone who actually wants to help put this together and really get the word out and plan a method to the madness.

Maybe we could get this to be an actual INGO event? Any thoughts from the head honchos? Can some strings be pulled?

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    LEO, BTW, did you know that Indian motorcycles used to have a lot of the law enforcement contracts? To accomodate their LEO customers they put the throttle on the left side, so the officers right hand was free to shoot his revolver. Those were the days.

If I am not mistaken Harley has shooting classes for LEOs' Would that be a blast.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom