• ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    That is exactly what the FairTax does.

There are many versions of the FairTax (flattax). Almost without exception is a use/sales tax being put in it's place. I support neither. I support the original Constiutional methods of taxation (i.e. those prior to 1913).

What most people mean when they say "FairTax" or "FlatTax" is a replacement tax.

I have yet to see where anyone advocating a ReplacementTax can explain to me how they justify the use of force by the federal government to deprive a Citizen of their property.

Virtually every version of the fair/flat tax is wealth redistribution version 1.1 It has worked for the past 97 years and it still won't work under the newest ponzi schemes.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    There are many versions of the FairTax (flattax). Almost without exception is a use/sales tax being put in it's place. I support neither. I support the original Constiutional methods of taxation (i.e. those prior to 1913).

What most people mean when they say "FairTax" or "FlatTax" is a replacement tax.

I have yet to see where anyone advocating a ReplacementTax can explain to me how they justify the use of force by the federal government to deprive a Citizen of their property.

Virtually every version of the fair/flat tax is wealth redistribution version 1.1 It has worked for the past 97 years and it still won't work under the newest ponzi schemes.

The FairTax and Flat tax are two completely different animals. The flat tax is an income tax. The FairTax is a consumption tax. The flat tax would only replace our current income tax code. The FairTax replaces not only the income tax, but also payroll taxes (SS, Medicare), corporate tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, etc. Each individual decides how much tax they pay by how much they consume. In my eyes, it would be the greatest economic stimulus this country has ever seen.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I do not like the idea of a "fair" tax then the gubberment will dictate what is fair for certain people. If it's flat tax you pay 5% of your income for taxation. That is just a example. I like the idea of repealing the 16th amendment thats idea!

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I do not like the idea of a "fair" tax then the gubberment will dictate what is fair for certain people. If it's flat tax you pay 5% of your income for taxation. That is just a example. I like the idea of repealing the 16th amendment thats idea!

T-Rav... read through this website: Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation

The FairTax:

• Enables workers to keep their entire paychecks
    • Enables retirees to keep their entire pensions
    • Refunds in advance the tax on purchases of basic necessities
    • Allows American products to compete fairly
    • Brings transparency and accountability to tax policy
    • Ensures Social Security and Medicare funding
    • Closes all loopholes and brings fairness to taxation
    • Abolishes the IRS
    We offer a library of information throughout this Web site about the features and benefits of the FairTax plan. Please explore!

Top Bottom