• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Im going to call ISP tomorrow, since i assume its to late at night to call, and see if I can still do the L1 fingerprinting to speed it up. Thanks everyone! I will post back to what they say for future citizens needing info

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Well, I called today and explained that I applied and didn't use L1. I asked if I could do the L1 even tho I applied already and he said it couldn't. So I don't know if I asked him the right question or if he didn't want to talk on the phone anymore. But as Walther said, the lady said someone could. So I don't know.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Well, I called today and explained that I applied and didn't use L1. I asked if I could do the L1 even tho I applied already and he said it couldn't. So I don't know if I asked him the right question or if he didn't want to talk on the phone anymore. But as Walther said, the lady said someone could. So I don't know.

You can, but it's unclear whether or not it will reduce your wait time.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Should I call and get my application number and schedule a L1 appointment?

If the chance is worth it to you to possibly throw away $10 and wait at least 12 weeks for a refund then go for it. Personally I decided to wait it out but I was already 8 weeks in before I entertained the idea, and I'm a broke college student, so that money was needed elsewhere.

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Totally your call. She told me L1 would reduce the time. I figured I pay the $10 extra for L1 for the chance to cut 6 weeks off is worth it. If not, I'm out $10...

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Why did the guy from ISP say I couldn't then? Im not wasting even ten dollars to do L1 if it wont matter

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    No clue, sounds like different stories from within ISP. Will let you know if it helps my wait time. I submitted original application on 12/27/12 and new L1 on 1/29. So based on what we are hearing 14 weeks from original date would be sometime in April, new L1 app late February/ early march.

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I was told by GPD and the Johnson County Sheriffs office that BOTH app processes were on the same timeline at this point it time.. :dunno: So now I'm wondering if I too shouldn't attempt contacting ISP..

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    The ISP recording when you call the firearms licensing division says 4 weeks for L1 and 14 for mail. Again, those are prob best estimates but they claim themselves a 10 week difference. Most of the posts on here show a clear difference between them as well...

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Update:

Upon calling ISP I was informed that the gentleman I needed to speak with regarding this issue was currently in a meeting and was asked to call back at 3:30 to speak to him directly.. Fingers crossed.

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ok, I just got off the phone with ISP and was not able to talk to (Anthony) Who I was originally told I would need to talk to.. So instead of waiting I ran the question by the operator (Who was very helpful) she told me that YES, I can go L1, pay the fee and they would process my app within 4-6 weeks.

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    That's what they told me, I'd just have to wait until they get to my mailed application until I get the original $70 refunded. So I will know how much longer not doing L1 will take, the time from when I get my permit to when I get my $70 back :)

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Awesome! Thanks guys! Do I need to have my application number when going to L1? If so, how do I find out what it is? Lastly, do I fill out an online app or no?

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Have you already submitted your app? If so, call ISP, there is a number on one of the first pages, Ask them for your app number and then you can make an appointment for L1. Be sure to find out your new due though, the woman I talked to said I would be paying $84?

Top Bottom