• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Its mindblowing to me that a online LTCH app vs a mailed piece of paper is the difference between weeks for online and up to six months for mailed. I understand online is instant but regardless of reading an app on a screen or paper in your hand, no reason for a huge difference in waiting time. I could see an extra few weeks more for mailed app....but up to six months is a joke. Had to rant!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Its mindblowing to me that a online LTCH app vs a mailed piece of paper is the difference between weeks for online and up to six months for mailed. I understand online is instant but regardless of reading an app on a screen or paper in your hand, no reason for a huge difference in waiting time. I could see an extra few weeks more for mailed app....but up to six months is a joke. Had to rant!

I have always wondered, why would you NOT do it online??? I did mine online, paid for the prints at L1, took my prints & paperwork to the local police and had my pink slip a week later.

What inspires someone to do it by mail???

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    For anyone who did a print card not L1 and was frustrated by the difference i wanted to relay my experience. I called ISP today and asked if I hadn't originally done L1 if there was anything I could do to expedite. She suggested if I did an L1 from my current application code and pay the fee, it would be submitted and speed up the process.

Once they get o the paper ink card they would realize I paid via L1 online and refund my original money order sent with my mailed ink card ($70) at that time. So I'm not paying the fee twice, I will get a refund she just said it may take 14-16 weeks until they get to the paper/mailed application. So I'm totally fine not getting my $70 back for a few months as long as it means I get my LTCH quicker. The recording at ISP says 4 weeks for L1 and 14 weeks for mailed apps.

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I did not know I could do it online. I went by the word of a co worker that applied earlier this month, who said there wasn't a online app. So I didn't even check. I did not realize this till after I applied on the 22nd. How ever they did electronically scan all fingers and thumbs. Printed a card and I signed it.

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Did they give you an application number or anything to track it? What county/local agency? Might be worth calling ISP. I did mine in Marion county, had an application number and was able to then use today's L1 scans to go with my previously filed application. So if I'm doing the math rightist should save me 10-12 weeks...

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    75 dollar MO sent with app thru mail. I live in fort Wayne city limits. So I had to go to the city county building.

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    I'm a newbie schmo so can't reply to PMs, so hunter here's answer to your question...or at least my thoughts, but again I'm no expert...just trying to troubleshoot bureaucracy...

I'd suggest calling the Indiana State Police firearms division and ask that's what I did. I filled out an application online which gave me a code and then I took it into my local (Marion county). So I had that still to use for L1. Not sure in your case if you would be ale to since you just did a paper application. Call 317-232-8264. After the recorded message or during press 0. I got a busy signal several times but you just have to keep trying until you get one of the helpful (as best they can be) and friendly people in the ISP firearms license division. Maybe ask them if there is a code they can look up? They looked mine up by name and DOB, but again I had done online before I went to get printed locally....

Hope this helps...

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Buck, google Indiana LTCH and its right there. There is an online application via the Indiana state police website. Fill it out and you get a code. It then tells you to go to your local agency or L1 for prints....go to L1.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    What inspires someone to do it by mail???[/QUOTE]

With all of the information regarding the LTCH on INGO, I do not understand why people continue not to use L1 for the finger printing. Unless they live in some rual areas where the L1 process is not close to them.

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Just naive on my part. Went to get printed then read all the posts about the time difference...especially since state law says shall issue by 60 days...

Last edited:

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    What inspires someone to do it by mail???

With all of the information regarding the LTCH on INGO, I do not understand why people continue not to use L1 for the finger printing. Unless they live in some rual areas where the L1 process is not close to them.[/QUOTE]

Maybe some people joined INGO after they applied? Hnmm. Maybe it was last minute/rush?

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I really wish I knew about L1 before applying......obviously. It wasn't like I knew that L1 was faster and said "you know what ill go the slow way"

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    With all of the information regarding the LTCH on INGO, I do not understand why people continue not to use L1 for the finger printing. Unless they live in some rual areas where the L1 process is not close to them.

Maybe some people joined INGO after they applied? Hnmm. Maybe it was last minute/rush?[/QUOTE]

Good point..

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012

Maybe some people joined INGO after they applied? Hnmm. Maybe it was last minute/rush?

Well if you do it via the ISP website, it well tell you, L1 has the advantage of faster processing for only a small fee. I applied for mine before the rush, so I got mine in 7 business days only. The Local County SD even said I should get mine in about a week in the mail. I didn't even know there was another way to apply for an LTCH, other than the ISP website. Where are the other people going? Do local PDs have paper forms or something?

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I already applied on the 22nd of this month. Yes, fort Wayne residents go to the city county building and fill out a paper app. 75 dollar MO and 50 local fee with three stamps. Then they take you in a separate room thats has electronic finger printing. Every finger rolled and thumbs. Computer shows a good enough print. Then they print the card with your prints and you sign it. All this took 30the mins for me. Then I got home and reads that I could have done L1 and it was faster. But what's the difference from L1 and paying the fees....to the electronic finger printing I did there and paying the fees?

That's what I don't understand.

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    They prob keep the electronics locally for their own records for LE, and send the paper card to ISP, making it just like ink prints and thus a slower time. It was similar in Marion county. Only L1 transmits that info electronically thus improving the wait time...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Hobart
    When I did mine last year I thought the l1 would only speed it up by a week or so...boy was I wrong.., they should have it listed when you go to submit your application online that if you mail of will take -weeks and of u do l1 it will take -days..I then would have done it L1, it took about 20 weeks to get my ltch, which is crazy and I was told 6-8 weeks when I called the Indiana state police firearms division when I applied. Good luck and everyone should do theirs the L1 way

Top Bottom