One piece at a time...and it wouldn't cost me a Peso.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You are just seeing the end results of decades of policies designed to put the U.S. superpower in its place and level that playing field.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    You are just seeing the end results of decades of policies designed to put the U.S. superpower in its place and level that playing field.

Right on. Just look at the good it did for Detroit. One day the whole country will look like that and the playing field will be leveled

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    OSHA and EPA to some degree are needed. Ever been to Mexico? I have. The industrial areas are toxic **** holes that we would not want in our backyards. There are many factors that drive businesses south of the border, environmental is part of the equation. But factor in lower income, free trade across North America (NAFTA), lower expectations for fringe benefits, etc...

People bash unions and environmental agencies, but if they had no options but a safety/health hazard laden occupational environment, with poor pay, no retirement/IRA, no medical coverage, etc... I doubt they'd be so vocal. It's not just the industrial areas either. The entire mindset of Mexico is different. Garbage isn't bagged/collected and disposed of properly. You drive through the Mexico and see garbage everywhere. Sofas and appliances just thrown out on the side of the road. I had never seen that growing up in southern Indiana. I see it all the time today. How many of you have noticed a significant increase in such behavior?

That is where we as a nation are headed. Fast forward 20 to 30 years and (I agree with what the other person said) everywhere will look just like Detroit. Maybe once our nation is run into the ground through environmental distress, economic hardship, and urban blight we will have found the solution to our illegal immigration policy. This place will be a **** hole too and everyone will eave for someplace else to destroy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OSHA and EPA to some degree are needed. Ever been to Mexico? I have. The industrial areas are toxic **** holes that we would not want in our backyards. There are many factors that drive businesses south of the border, environmental is part of the equation. But factor in lower income, free trade across North America (NAFTA), lower expectations for fringe benefits, etc...

People bash unions and environmental agencies, but if they had no options but a safety/health hazard laden occupational environment, with poor pay, no retirement/IRA, no medical coverage, etc... I doubt they'd be so vocal. It's not just the industrial areas either. The entire mindset of Mexico is different. Garbage isn't bagged/collected and disposed of properly. You drive through the Mexico and see garbage everywhere. Sofas and appliances just thrown out on the side of the road. I had never seen that growing up in southern Indiana. I see it all the time today. How many of you have noticed a significant increase in such behavior?

That is where we as a nation are headed. Fast forward 20 to 30 years and (I agree with what the other person said) everywhere will look just like Detroit. Maybe once our nation is run into the ground through environmental distress, economic hardship, and urban blight we will have found the solution to our illegal immigration policy. This place will be a **** hole too and everyone will eave for someplace else to destroy.

Yes they are but like all other non-elected governing bodies they have become a tool by which to find revenue and control us outside the proper law making channels. These agency's have outgrown their pants and exist only to levy fines and manipulate.
    Unions are not the major factor in this.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Yes they are but like all other non-elected governing bodies they have become a tool by which to find revenue and control us outside the proper law making channels. These agency's have outgrown their pants and exist only to levy fines and manipulate.
    Unions are not the major factor in this.

I'd agree reform is needed, but many advocate the abolishment, not restructuring of these types of organizations without any concept of what it's like in parts of the world where corporations operate with impunity. These corporations are the same ones that are/were operating in the USA... the only difference is they couldn't get away with poisoning the water, soil and leaving a mountain of garbage behind in their wake. The on some level is a win IMO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd agree reform is needed, but many advocate the abolishment, not restructuring of these types of organizations without any concept of what it's like in parts of the world where corporations operate with impunity. These corporations are the same ones that are/were operating in the USA... the only difference is they couldn't get away with poisoning the water, soil and leaving a mountain of garbage behind in their wake. The on some level is a win IMO.

No one wants waste in the water/landfills etc. The cost of doing business here versus there.
    I have seen 1st hand the damage these agency's have done to local businesses when they come in looking for problems that do not exist.
    Company's I have worked for were involved with shutting down and moving equipment (Chillers/boilers etc) when the EPA and OSHA were un-wavering in setting standards so high that they were not attainable and there was no real issues to begin with. Just power plays.

Last edited:

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Keep in mind the EPA is now concerned about our backyard BBQs I can't even imagine the BS put on business. I think we should have an EPA because the environment is important, but so is common sense and it is a proven fact the government does not have it

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Keep in mind the EPA is now concerned about our backyard BBQs I can't even imagine the BS put on business. I think we should have an EPA because the environment is important, but so is common sense and it is a proven fact the government does not have it

They need to stay "UP Front" on the issues at hand and will invent them to do so.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Mexican wages and regulation were always less onerous than the U.S.

...but the higher level of quality of the American workers helped keep the jobs here. Combine manufacturing techniques that require less and less worker skill with the increasing reliability of the Mexican workforce and this is what happens.

So, what- other than more government regulation- can we offer car makers to build plants in the U.S.?

Top Bottom