One of the BIGGEST bucks we may ever see!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    sc00c0d1e6.jpg

sc00c0e077.jpg

Ok so he is farmed raised, but right here in North central Indiana.

The breeder that took the picture measured him at 441 off of the pic. The farmer raising him measures him at 455. These measurements would make him the second biggest buck in the US.

Thought you all would enjoy the pics!

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    He's big bruiser alright, and I'd shoot him... Gonna catch flak for this. But I think that rack is ugly, and it doesn't do a whole lot for me. Like a chick with GGG nockers...

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    I may be wrong, but these picts look like they are photoshoped especially the first one. A set of antlers like this would require a deer with a much larger neck to hold them up . If not then it's a mutant freak created by man for the wrong reasons. My next question was he drugged and put out each time he was measured?????? This one is still in velvet. Measuring a rack like this at it's present state would not be a 10 minute job. This is a perfect example of what is ruining the sport of deer hunting on planet earth. Other than that, cool pictures

Last edited:

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    I may be wrong, but these picts look like they are photoshoped especially the first one. A set of antlers like this would require a deer with a much larger neck to hold them up . If not then it's a mutant freak created by man for the wrong reasons. My next question was he drugged and put out each time he was measured?????? This one is still in velvet. Measuring a rack like this at it's present state would not be a 10 minute job. This is a perfect example of what is ruining the sport of deer hunting on planet earth. Other than that, cool pictures

The guy that took the pictures of the buck does it for a living, and he also does artificial insemination for deer. He took his measurements from the picture. I can't speak for the guy raising the deer. Don't know about the farmer either but I guess he could be drugging the deer:xmad: It is interesting that you say things like this ruin the sport of deer hunting, (though these deer are not hunted) because the farmer is only charging $1800 for a straw of this bucks sperm. Large deer farms are upset because sperm from a deer like this should be going for more than $10,000, and they are allowing joe-blow deer farmer to acquire big bucks, making it more common, and like you say, ruin the deer.

Also, the comment was made by my friend that this buck does hold his rack very well, and he has seen other bucks on this same farm not be able to walk 10 steps without resting their head on the ground.

I have two more pictures that I have yet to scan into the computer, when I do, I will post them as well.

Last edited:

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Heck yeah, a buck half that size, non typical would put your name in a book. I'm not all for high fence hunting, but the research to improve genetics for those who do it, has come a long way. This deer is proof. The part that rubs me, is when we are shown farm raised geneticly altered deer, hunted on TV, and we are led to belive they were hunted and only good hunters get that kind of deer. We should just be glad we have wild deer at all.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    That thing is BEAST but kinda ugly if you ask me. Just doesn’t look natural.

I don’t believe these are photoshopped. I looked at the photos and don’t see any evidence of altering (blurring, edges not matching, colors that are off, etc)

Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    photoshop

agree

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Heck yeah, a buck half that size, non typical would put your name in a book. I'm not all for high fence hunting, but the research to improve genetics for those who do it, has come a long way. This deer is proof. The part that rubs me, is when we are shown farm raised geneticly altered deer, hunted on TV, and we are led to belive they were hunted and only good hunters get that kind of deer. We should just be glad we have wild deer at all.

ya im ok with raising deer like cattle, but dont go shoot one and call it hunting. i know bc wont allow a fenced animal to enter there books and i think thats great for the most part. i do think there should be eceptions. take the king ranch in texas. they have done no genitic alering or bringing in livestock deer to improve there genitics that im aware of and yes it is high fence hunting but its huge (somthing like 35,000 acres) there are deer in there that have no clue they are behind a fence. i think that should be allowed in the record books.

at one point i was looking at a whitetail hunt on ebay. i came across a add that showed a buck and in large print it said "hunt giant texas whitetail" the small print said "hunt this buck on our 1/4 acre ranch" no wonder its a garentee kill.:noway:

Want2ShootMore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Marion
    Not photoshopped.

I have no desire to Photoshop pictures to try and impress a few people that I have never met. Nor do I think that the guy that took the pictures photoshopped them as I explicity asked him if I could put them online as he didn't know how to. The guy is still using film for that matter.
    Just wanted to show some pictures that were shown to me.

yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    avid deer hunter here and i dont think one deer should be raised by humans. hunting should go back to actually hunting and shouldnt matter if it has antlers. i get excited when i kill a big rack buck but still more than happy with a doe. given the circumstances, very impressive deer.

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    That thing is definitely some sort of a cross breed/mutant. It floors me how someone wants to try to get $1800 a load from that thing.

slinkus25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 12, 2010
    That's a big rack. To be honest though I would rather sit out in the cold, snowy beauty of nature than hunt deer inside a fence. If I only had one tag I would have to say I would most likely wait until the last couple days of season, just because I enjoy sitting out there that much. It's not just about the antlers or the meat, it's about the whole experience.

Top Bottom