• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    warsaw
    ...im glad i carry. Went to the laundry mat today, not a busy part of town. I hate going there because its just a creepy place to me i guess. Ive never drawn my weapon yet. I hope it doesnt happen here, but im so much less scared having an effective way to protect myself should the need arise....what other reasons do you have? What situations have you been in where its really eased your mind to be concealed carring?

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Thought I was gonna have to draw on a guy in a laundromat shortly after moving to Old Louisville. Fairly certain he could see in my eyes that I had options and was willing to use them, because I ultimately didn't have to. Animals can sense the difference between weak and strong, predator and prey. I've little doubt that criminals can sense these same attributes in other humans.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife went on a trip to St Luis a while back with a few friends. The first thing she said to me when she came home was that she was glad she switched to her PT92 before going. (she typically carried an LCR at the time)

She had an encounter with a guy who was basically begging for money. When she said she didnt have any cash, he became more persistent. Her first instinct was to get her hand on her pistol, and clicked off the safety. Evidently that was the sound it took to end the encounter, because he abruptly turned tail and ran. Her first thought was if she hadn't had a safety to "click" off, the first sound he would have heard would have been the "bang" when she pulled the trigger, if it had come to that.

Top Bottom