• Which one to do?

• Total voters

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I voted Kel-Tec. I'd leave the AR builds until the shockwave dies down some, or hoard them and sell them for gold and gummybears later - I think the G19 is fine, and unless you have a good reason to get one of the others, stick with whatcha got. 1911s are cool, but I wouldn't get one simply because I didn't have one, especially if you've already got a Glock you like.

Of course, many will debate the point of a pistol caliber carbine anyway, but I think for commonality of magazines it would be a fun carbine to have..

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I voted 1911 but that's a personal decision since more than the look, I like the way they feel in my hand (at least with the arched mainspring housing).

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    You already have one AR, I think pistol caliber AR are worthless, and I'm not sure what the kel-tec is, but it sounds like a carbine maybe.

Sounds like you need a handgun. I voted for 1911, but get what you want.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I would get the Kel-Tec, after I thought about my vote for AR build. I look at the Sub-2000 as one sort of stop gap. If something crazy happened and pistol carry laws were somehow erased by our new Obamination, this qualifies as a rifle and can be legally carried in a small backpack, without arising suspicion. New sales on both AR and Sub-2000 would probably be limited with another AWB.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    AR build
    Sub 2000

You will probably be able to buy a 1911 a year from now,

Can't say that for the sub 2000 and you can't say that for certain features of the AR

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Well, you already have a G19 which is a good mid-size 9mm that can be pressed into fairly universal service. Pistol caliber carbines have never made much sense to me (as much as I've tried to justify the purchase of one for fun).

I would finish your AR build.

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    finish the ar build, you can never have too many ar's, and if the need arises, you can always sell the extra lower, and still have 2 configurations to put on your one remaining lower

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    for you, i'd say finish the ar. do it in 5.56 and then get the kit and top end for 9x19.
    for me, i'm stocked up on all the others, but would love to have the kel-tec.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I voted for the 1911.

I have always liked glocks and XD's but after shooting an all steel 1911 in .45 acp.......well there is only one thing better and I dont want to get banned:rockwoot:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    1911 !!! But if you feel the rifle itch they have a conversion barrel that the 1911 slides into and becomes a rifle. I'm not sure what its called but it sure looks neat!

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Well, I just put in my order to finish my AR. I'll be sure to post results after I get her done.

Went with a 20" Del-Ton kit. I already had the LPK in the lower, but the difference in price between just the upper and the whole kit was easy to have the extra parts in my hands.

Top Bottom