• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I remember back when PSA had their last sale for the $50 stripped lowers. I bought one just to have. Then it was just driving me nutts every day to have a stripped lower, so I later I bought a lower parts kit. Now every time I open the safe door I see a complete lower looking up at me. Poor thing is like a heart broken gun just looking for its other half. It's not always easy to justify buying another whole rifle, but small parts here and there are pretty easy to pick up.

It is a disease and it's just like your first cigarette, first drink, first anything. You may be gettin addicted as we type this.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    its not horible when the part your building the rifle around is a lower/upper/barrel etc. the bad part is when you say "ive got a extra detent spring, i better build a gun to house it in so i dont lose it"

The way around that is to have a good gun tool box with little tackle box sections for each gun type. I have my little Glock parts, little AR-15 parts, 10-22 parts.

Gonna have to come up with a better one than that. ;)

But a complete lower... That is just sitting in the safe. I'm thinking I might have to sell a few things and play around with 300 BLK. After all, I found a piece of 300 BLK brass at Martinsville. So I have to build a rifle for it now.

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Sweet, thanks guys. Yes, the 458 will be strictly for deer. That's good to know I need a lower built around the larger caliper. Man, this new hobby I am about to jump into is expensive. Maybe I should stay ou while the gettin is good, lol.

Thanks again.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    The first few folks had a good idea...if you buy one good lower and set it up for one thing..it may not translate well into the next thing you want. Simply put..i buy a lower and build it to match/mate to the upper. Then i simply sit back and build another lowder later when i have another upper. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with one lower and many uppers...as said previously..those uppers get lonely and jealous....and they find lowers of their own :)

Top Bottom