• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am just so close to picking up the phone and ordering a 357 sig /40 S&W kit gun based on this one:

ExecutiveDecisionWEB-1.jpg

I wish I did not feel the need to spend all extra money I have on guns.
    Can someone here talk sense to me? Or should I look else where? :)

Oh BTW don't flame me because it is not a 45. I have my share of 1911's in 45

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    on the virge

Had to read this just to figure out what a "virge" was...thought it was a new kind of chair or something.

To me the 40 S&W is an answer to a question that was never asked, it brings nothing to the table the 9 or 45 won't. The .357 Sig is another, basically Sig wanted a round with their name on it like all the other companies had.

If I were to move away from the .45 in a 1911 platform I would go with the 38 Super or if you worry about the semi rimmed design, then the 9X23. Performance is the same as the .357 Sig with the advantage of easy to find brass and easy reloading. Not to mention higher magazine capacity.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I had not considered the 9x23 or 38 super because of commercial availability.
    There was a decent conversation with fusion on their forum of whether to continue producing the 9x23 based on demand and the demand is not really there.

I like the sig round and the .40 does fit a medium between stopping power and mag capacity.
    Couple years ago I would have never thought I would say this but I like the .40 round I think it is better than the 9 for defense. I am not basing that on anything but my personal experience at shooting paper targets and reloading them.

Even though I do reload I just don't want to have many non commercial calibers at this point.
    I have this mental thing that I need plenty ammo for each caliber I own so I try to limit what I own.
    Not as fun but more affordable.
    :)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    That's a nice looking pistol for sure! I'm not completely sold on the .40 but I do have a G22 and I shoot it really well. The .40 seems to have a lot of punch so I understand wanting it. Again, looks nice!

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I guess I will find out if I had a good idea or not. I went ahead and placed my order today. A kit with both 357 and 40 barrels

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Sig

The 357 sig is now at the top of my list. It offers what my pistols are lacking. The high muzzle velocity will really offer some range in a high cap semi auto ccw. Also that's a nice looking weapon.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Part of the reason I got a .40SW is that it's so common, and I want to have something to fire any ammunition I have to steal if things go bad. That's why I have something or other in most of the current military calibers.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Ive never shot a .357 sig but all I hear is they are hot and they penetrate well. I havent even taken the time to look up and study the round. I do own many .40's and 45's and didnt own a 9mm until recently. Its hard to keep ammo around for alot of diff calibers I do know that.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Couple years ago I would have never thought I would say this but I like the .40 round I think it is better than the 9 for defense. I am not basing that on anything but my personal experience at shooting paper targets and reloading them.

So... How does the .40 round defend you from the paper targets any better than the 9?:dunno:

Top Bottom