• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Ok, Im on way back home from a jog a few minutes ago and Im jogging in front of a school administration building and I look to my left and see a scoped bolt action rifle being pointed at me from a house across the street. There are 3 males around the back of a truck "playing" with this rifle and pointing it at the school building adjusting the scope and laughing and having a good time. To make it more crazy the house is 4 houses down from the local jail:dunno:. I didn't comfront them just called the police. I just don't understand some people. Seriously just because you can sometimes you shouldn't.

Last edited:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    What do you want to bet the rifle was actually loaded...your life? Hope you were armed as well. Being that close to a jail I would hope the LEOs got to them within a couple of minutes and remedied the situation.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    When I was in the National Guard (great way to get free college tuition) I used a hospital to bore sight my 105mm Main Gun. Glad some jogger didn't call the cops on me.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    So you called the police because they were stupid?
    Pointing a firearm at anybody and at a school with kids inside and laughing about it while working the bolt and adjusting scope. Serious or not its dangerous and threating at the least. This house is 25 yards max from the classrooms. People doing things like that are one step from seriously hurting someone. I couldn't live with myself if they kept playing around and a round was fired into a classroom or myself. These guys pointed it right at me. I know its seems I broke a rule and possibly got another gun owner in trouble but I am not playing around with kids lives. Seriously this is like going to buy a rifle then go out the parking lot and point it at people and cars to check the scope and expect people to give you the benefit of the doubt??? Sorry to pee in somes cheerios. Just my .02

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Fairly certain that pointing a gun at someone (loaded or not) isn't exactly legal.

So, what, are we so anti-cop here now that we shouldn't even report ACTUAL crimes?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    So you called the police because they were stupid?

Like the local police don't have any actual policing or real criminals they need to attend to?

Really? Based on the OPs description, this wasn't an even accidental sweep. It was intentional.

IC 35-47-4-3(b)
    A person who knowingly or intentionally points a firearm at another person commits a Class D felony. However, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if the firearm is not loaded.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom