• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The 45 compact bug is calling and looks like this might fit the bill ;)

Colt New Agent .45 ACP Pistol

2009511105020-coltnewagent_main.jpg

The Colt New Agent is a short, light .45 ACP semi-automatic intended for concealed carry and police backup roles. It is short in the sense that the upper uses a barrel only 3" in length, and it is light because the abbreviated receiver is aluminum alloy. This pistol weighs only 24. ozs., unloaded. In the handling sense, the New Agent is pure M1911, complete with single-action trigger and a short single-column magazine of seven rounds. As much as the gun possesses traditional features and contours, it does have a couple of new features in cosmetics and sights.

The New Agent is relatively small, measuring 4." by 6." by 13⁄16" (height, length, thickness), with that thickness figure measured across the grip panels. Contrasted with a typical M1911A1 pistol, the New Agent is more than 2" shorter in length, about 3/4" shorter in height and just about a pound lighter. It is a typical recoiloperated pistol of the basic John Browning design. For self-defense, it would presumably be carried cocked-and-locked (hammer back, safety on and a round in the chamber). On the sample gun, the trigger broke cleanly at just over 4 lbs. The trigger is of the long style, which is the preference of the majority of handgunners.

A short, vertically grooved mainspring housing can be found just below an abbreviated grip safety. The tang of the grip safety has a pronounced concave curve to its top surface, designed to clear the rounded spur of the pistol's hammer. The hardwood stocks have been slimmed down and are checkered in a bordered double diamond pattern. The thumb safety is of the original M1911 style, complete with the trim paddle. Vertical serrations on the frontstrap and a nicely executed relief groove for the middle finger, located at the junction of the trigger guard and the butt, enhance shootability....

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Webcontent/pdf/2009-5/2009511105020-coltnewagent.pdf

jacobswell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Warsaw
    I carry a SA micro operator 3". Looks to be the same size as the pic. Size wise, as long as it fits your hand, it's a great size for conceal.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I have that particular model and I love it! In a CC perspective the Colt is awesome! Small, compact and shoots great. The trench sights take a bit to get use to, but once that is accomplished...it does the job!

Carries very comfortably, I havent had any issues.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    They make a version with standard sights, and one with the gutter-type sights; I strongly recommend the former.

Is this new? I wasn't aware that they made a version with standard sights. It isn't on their website. The New Agent is on my short list of wants. I like the aesthetics of the blued finish over the dull, matte alloy look of the Defender. The sites will be the determining factor. I need to get my hands on one and see how usable they are. If there is such a thing as a New Agent with traditional sights that will settle it. I've seen New Agent owners have a gunsmith solder the trench sights closed and cut the slide for conventional sights.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Is this new? I wasn't aware that they made a version with standard sights. It isn't on their website.

I could be wrong, but I swore I saw such a beast when the New Agent was unveiled around SHOT Show time. I'll admit I haven't really kept up on it since then. Maybe it was a prototype that hasn't made it to production yet, kinda like the DAO version shown below?
    DSC02147.jpg

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    The 45 compact bug is calling and looks like this might fit the bill ;)

Colt New Agent .45 ACP Pistol

2009511105020-coltnewagent_main.jpg

damn...I think my Bersa 45UC just lost the beauty pageant! But...its a gun yeah? So I can have more than one compact .45 right?!? :D :yesway:

Thanks for posting that, I want one now as well. :rockwoot:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Now I am the first to admit that I am not a 1911 guy or even a .45 guy but would this be a problem?

As far as the aluminum alloy goes, no it wouldn't be any problem. I have a Kimber Tactical Ultra II that is built with the aluminum alloy frame and I've been shooting it regularly for over 4 yrs now with no frame wear at all. Kimber has tested the alloy frames to 20,000 shots fired with no wear to them.

Top Bottom