• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I read today in Indianapolis Star another letter to the editor urging that we control guns in order to control the increase in violence downtown. In some respects I entirely agree. I have owned and carry guns in Indianapolis and Indiana since 1987. In that period of time I have been very much in control of my guns. No one has been harmed by my guns. Additionally I can proudly say that I have not shot or shot at anyone since my return from Vietnam.
    I have never found it necessary to un holster my gun in fear or anger. Generally speaking those of us who legally carry handguns do so for the protection ourselves and others in do not go to places where there is likely to be confrontational violence.
    This same old gun control rant begins to wear on one’s soul. The overwhelming percentage of violence in Indianapolis is in a few isolated areas of our community where a relatively small number of lawless people carry guns and shoot one another. These people in all likelihood did not purchase their guns legally and do not have a license to carry. They are lawless by definition that means they don’t care about the law.
    I ask you and the gentleman who wrote the editorial this morning what can be accomplished by infringing on my right to carry a handgun. Again guns are nothing but tools in the hands of an honest person they present no danger in hands of a lawless thug are an issue but even at that the gun is in the issue the real issue is a lawless thug with the gun in his hand.
    The only solution to this problem is not to take guns away from the populace but to take the lawless thugs out of our society.
    As

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I cancelled the Indianapolis paper over 10 years ago. It is a Liberally biased rag. I am surprised you got anything printed in one of king Obama's papers.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    As others have pointed out, the Indy Communist Star definitely won't be interested in running your later because it is in opposition to their point of view. Like every other gun control and disarmament advocate, they don't like it when facts get in the way of their points of view.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I believe the Indy Star is owned by Gannett. The same organization that, through their other "news" outlets in multiple locales, has published lists of license/permit holders.

That should tell you all you need to know.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Of course they want to "control" the "increase in crime".

If they control, then they can have MORE crime. Then they hope people will by their rag, where they bemoan the crime, that they caused.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I wouldn't try to reason with people who are emotionally driven to conclusions....plus there generally to stupid to look at the root causes of violence rather than the tools uses to commit the act.

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Well put, if guns rights are taken away the only people that won't have them are the responsible gun owners that want to protect themselves.

why do politicians believe making more gun control laws will stop the violence when the people they are trying to control don't care about the law. No matter what weapon the choose murder is against the law.

Next they will ban knifes, bats, automobiles, bricks, etc. if a thug or unstable person wants to kill someone they will.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Politicians don't believe it, they are looking for more power. The more crime there is the more they think we need them and their police and regulators to protect us. Always follow the money and the power and you can understand all things political.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Our laws need to focus on the people who commit crimes with guns, not on the guns. Laws that infringe on the rights of law-abiding people are totally misdirected, they will have no impact on crime, except perhaps to encourage more of it.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    More people packing downtown, less prob-le-mas once a few bad guys are suprized and whacked. Less robbery's and thuggin and buggin if the perp(s) think they might get capped in the grill by Joe Citizen.

Top Bottom