• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I am ready to accept any consequences levied against me. It is the institution's right to bar me from attendance for breaking their policy, my life is worth more than this education that I can easily get at so many other places throughout this state.

See this post made in another thread. Essentially it is still enforceable.

This is interesting and I had not seen this before. However, am I correct in assuming that a breach of lease will only allow me to be removed from the premises? I would most likely be expelled anyway so the residence would be of little use to me.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Update for anyone interested, an ex-girlfriend decided to call the campus police (after me not having talked to her for multiple weeks) and inform them that I had a firearm in my apartment.

After a long conversation and threats to immediately remove me from campus, I handed my G19 over. These next few weeks dealing with this should be enjoyable. No regrets though.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Better start packing your belongings. Good luck at your new school and I hope you get a good deal on your next gun because you won't be getting this one back for a long time. I would suggest non school property next time for your housing.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Better start packing your belongings. Good luck at your new school and I hope you get a good deal on your next gun because you won't be getting this one back for a long time. I would suggest non school property next time for your housing.

I retrieve the firearm today. The officer said usually nothing happens if it's a legal weapon. I'm going in to speak with the dean in about an hour and expect everything to be fine.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I hope things work out well for you. Keep us posted. I kept a shotgun and bow in my dorm room / campus housing way back when. It was not a big deal back then and somehow we survived.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll let you guys know what the outcome is.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Received my firearm back with no problems at all, surprisingly. The dean wasn't in today so I scheduled an appointment for Wednesday. Considering I have seen faculty open carrying in the classroom and they have the same rules as students when it comes to weapons, I don't see any real problems coming from this.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Spoke with the dean today. While I caught a somewhat anti-gun vibe from him, I walked out of there with a verbal warning.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    That's rather funny considering two of the major Universities in the state had trapshooting teams. I'm not sure if Purdue still does or not, but I shot with them for a stint about 9 years ago. And they all kept their guns on campus.

Interesting. Glad you didn't get more than a verbal warning, though.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    That's rather funny considering two of the major Universities in the state had trapshooting teams. I'm not sure if Purdue still does or not, but I shot with them for a stint about 9 years ago. And they all kept their guns on campus.

Interesting. Glad you didn't get more than a verbal warning, though.

Makes me wonder how recent the school code is regarding firearms.

Top Bottom