• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Makes good sense as long as the necessities (I.e. heat, water, sewage) can be handled where you are. If they go down, mid-term bugging in seems like less of an option.

For us that may mean dragging buckets back from local ponds or the river.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Common sense. I don't like how often bugging out is touted as the end-all be-all SHTF survival plan. It is far more likely that we have a lower magnitude disaster for a longer period of time over a TEOTWAWKI scenario.
    Bugging out is still a necessary backup for acts of God, but otherwise it would have to be really bad to have to pick up and leave.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    As I said before! What if you bug out to your BOL and it is already taken over by 5 families. You head back home, and two families have taken over your home.................

Then what?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As I said before! What if you bug out to your BOL and it is already taken over by 5 families. You head back home, and two families have taken over your home.................

Then what?

At some point you have to stand your ground. Not irrationally but there is a time to take some kind of action. If those family's were reasonable people then you try and form a loose alliance. If they are not rational and it is your BOL then something has to be done. The kids would be my weak point but if the family's were young adults then some negotiations would be in order.

As to my home.....to bad, they gotta go.

Edit...unless there was little kids.

Last edited:

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Its all in knowing your surroundings and knowing what you have around you. I'm not for the bugging out, I think there are too many disadvantages to this. Plus many people with little around them will be doing this.

mohrpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2010
    I am a firm believer of bugging in. All my family lives within 1 mile of the farm. That is our defense. The farm is more than capable of providing us a long term food supply, even when it has to be done by manual labor. It easy to defend. An we have the tools and common sense to produce or build almost anything we could need.

Top Bottom