• ...and so much more!
  • Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Its funny because it's true.
    It is true. I had my teenage brother-in-law help me build a 2 car garage a couple of years ago. I spent more time looking for him than he spent working. Even when I did get him to work I would have to fix what he did because he just didn't care. Suffice it to say he sure did care when I paid him $50 rather than the $300 he was expecting.

I know I messed things up when I was a kid, however, I tried my butt off. Nobody could fault me for my effort.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "Three-quarters of candidates surveyed last year said they never heard back from an employer after applying for a position, according to job search company CareerBuilder. Sixty percent said they went on interviews but weren't informed afterward they hadn't gotten the job."

Just a guess, but maybe in some cases this was because once the potential employer got a look at their baggy pants, hat on backwards, and numerous face and neck tats and piercings, they just didn't think they were serious? Oh, and removing you "stretcher" earrings doesn't really help... your earlobes resting on your shoulders are kind of a turn off to employers.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    "Three-quarters of candidates surveyed last year said they never heard back from an employer after applying for a position, according to job search company CareerBuilder. Sixty percent said they went on interviews but weren't informed afterward they hadn't gotten the job."

Just a guess, but maybe in some cases this was because once the potential employer got a look at their baggy pants, hat on backwards, and numerous face and neck tats and piercings, they just didn't think they were serious? Oh, and removing you "stretcher" earrings doesn't really help... your earlobes resting on your shoulders are kind of a turn off to employers.

I've been on job interviews and never heard back from an employer. Suit and tie, trimmed beard, combed hair. No evidence of tattoos or any body modification, no hat, baggy pants or anything. Dressed as I would assume you would for a job interview. Still never heard back, even after I sent a follow up letter. Yes, letter. Not email.

It's just the way things are sometimes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Generation Y

- People born before 1946 were called The Greatest generation..

- People born between 1946 and 1964 are called The Baby Boomers.

- People born between 1965 and 1979 are called Generation X.

-
    And people born between 1980 and 2010 are called Generation Y.

Why do we call the last group Generation Y?

Y should I get a job?
    Y should I leave home and find my own place?
    Y should I get a car when I can borrow yours?
    Y should I clean my room?
    Y should I wash and iron my own clothes?
    Y should I buy any food?

But a cartoonist explained it very eloquently below...
    cool.png

pof7t322skc5wd.jpg

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    You know, I could give a rats ass about the title "Millennials" or "Gen X" or whatever. Every generation has the share of lazy people. No exceptions.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom