• Wan't Chicago to get olympics?

• Total voters

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Do you want to see Chicago host the olympics in 2016? I can't decide. I can't stand mayor daley or obama and with them wanting it, it makes me want to see them fail. But on the other hand the olympics could help boost the regions economy, although alot of that money will go to daley and obama connected contractors making them richer. I just don't know if I want the Olympics in Chicago or not.

Last edited:

tedbower

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    mooresville
    I think the dumb a$$ that temporarily occupies the white house has alot more pressing issues the the olympics and he should be tending to them.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Would it be a Biased opinion if I wanted Indy to hold them? Would be great for us and we are much cleaner than ****cago.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I hate to say this, but this is one time I wouldn't want the Olympics in Chicago. Under normal circumstances, Chicago Olympics would be wonderful for Indiana, bringing folks from around the world into and through our wonderful state.

However, I think the motives are clearly personal and political. Success in brining them to Chicago is a win for the Obama camp and the Chicago political machine. Wanna bet that a lot of his chronies get cush jobs and a big piece of the pie?

Then, Obama and his followers can also say, "look at us, I brought the games to Chicago, our flagship city of what a new United States of America has come to be under our leadership.

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of things about Chicago, but I don't like the pollitical corruption that runs rampant there.

If I remember correctly, wasn't part of Hitler's plan to get the Olympic games in the 30's to Show off the Reich and it's flag ship city Germania? I might have some of that out of order, but it is late, and been a few years since I read about that particular vision.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Simply put, Chicago can't afford the Olympics. Daley's already told the IOC that the city will cover costs after he initially refused to do so. With some of the highest taxes in the nation, the city's still broke. I could care less what Oprah and Obama want, 47% of Chicago residents have said they don't want it.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I hate to say this, but this is one time I wouldn't want the Olympics in Chicago. Under normal circumstances, Chicago Olympics would be wonderful for Indiana, bringing folks from around the world into and through our wonderful state.

Simply put, Chicago can't afford the Olympics.

/\/\/\ THIS /\/\/\

Chicago is the armpit of the United States...Detroit being the other one!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Would it be a Biased opinion if I wanted Indy to hold them? Would be great for us and we are much cleaner than ****cago.

YES, it WOULD be biased, and most likely racist as well!;)

How DARE you belittle and demean the single most politically corrupt city and state by insinuating that it is unclean! Who are YOU to decide what is clean?:rolleyes:
    It has been stated that cleanliness is next to godliness. Are you saying that Chicago is totally devoid of godliness?:yesway:

With your logic, one might expect to find rampant homelessness, violent street crimes ( read teenagers being beaten to death on the walk home from school), police, and political cronyism. By your curt description, visions of a cesspool come to mind, instead of the shining beacon of light that IS Chicago.

You want to "STEAL" the proceeds that would be collected from this venture, and for WHAT? Public infrastructure? Shoring up the state coffers?

You know as well as everyone else that these funds have already been earmarked for ACORN and SECU. They are in hard times right now, and your insensitivity toward their plight just goes to illustrate your prejudice.

Beware! Rahm Emanuel has a secret recipe for Turtle Soup!:laugh:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Chicago is a poor example of the United States. I think we could come up with a better face to put on than gang-beatings in the streets! Of course who can forget the corruption at the state and local levels too?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just for this poll, I voted "no".

However, if the IOC would allow the cities/states to utilize EXISTING facilities, then YES, YES, YES. Bring it.

But to be blackmailed into building wholly new facilities, at an extremely high cost that's always underprojected by at least 50%... Then NO, NO, NO.

Look at the empty and rotting facilities in Athens.

Chicago has plenty of things. 2 major league baseball fields, Soldier Field, dozens of colleges and universities in the greater metro-area that could all be utilized.

But that won't happen. And it's a crying shame.

-J-

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I think the dumb a$$ that temporarily occupies the white house has alot more pressing issues the the olympics and he should be tending to them.

While that is true, he is only flying into Copenhagen for three hours. And, if that's what it takes to get them, fine. I don't like the dude either. But, I think the economic benefit to Chicago and Northwest Indiana would be great. If it takes the President flying out there to get the job done, fine with me.

And yes, the political machine in Chicago is as bad as any big city. And, yes, a lot of those guys will see the benefits more than others. But, that is politics, no matter if it is in Chicago, Indy, or South Bend. It's who you know. I want to see the Olympics.

And, I have no doubt that they can do a better job in Chicago, then they did in Atlanta.

Why does it bother everyone so much that Chicago is trying to get the Olympics? Would you feel the same way if it was another city, like Minneapolis or Dallas?

Is it a dislike for the President? Because, he is from there? Their gun laws? What is it that makes people so irritated about Chicago and the Olympics?

Oh yeah, one more question:

If Chicago gets the Olympics, do you plan on going for a day or two?

Last edited:

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Last good Olympics in America was Lake Placid.

Atlanata was a joke and a half. After that I wouldn't plan on them being here for a long time.:laugh:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    So, you don't want to go and see the Olympics because the Obama is from there?

I still have some ties to Chicago, I think the taxes will go up to pay for something when the crooks run overbudget. I am sure Mayor Daley will steal something even if it's not for 6 more years, so no I don't want it.

I would not mind seeing some of the Olympics though.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I still have some ties to Chicago, I think the taxes will go up to pay for something when the crooks run overbudget. I am sure Mayor Daley will steal something even if it's not for 6 more years, so no I don't want it.

I would not mind seeing some of the Olympics though.

I think the taxes will go up anyways. Now is as good a time as any for them. Hopefully they will improve some infrastructure.

Oh well, I want to see it. And, we won't pay for it because we are smart enough to live in Indiana.

I'm going to go. I was too young for Atlanta, and it would be too close to me to miss out on now. 30 minutes from the loop.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I voted no because I am a racist hillbilly.

Seriously, I think its a bad move because it will cost the city $4.7 Billion, when they annual budget on of Chicago on a normal year is $8 Billion. Its all on the taxpayers heads. What a wonderful excuse for a permanent tax hike.

I'm all for the Olympics. I'm all for Christmas too, but I don't think its a good idea to spend more than half your annual salary on it.

Top Bottom