• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    For background, Olympic 1911's are the same as Safari arms build by 1 master pistolsmith at Scheutzen Pistol Works in Olympia, Washington. They make amazing 1911s and I've wanted one for years.

I have been trying to order one for over a month now. This is probably the worst customer service (except Bohica Arms) I've ever dealt with! There smith is an a** and their customer service won't take your money if you throw it at them. These pistols are custom made to order and take about 4 months to receive. I've been trying to get in line on an Enforcer model, but all I get are smart comments and refusal to talk to me or any FFL who calls. They do not care and their customer service is about as nice as their junk line of ARs.

Anyone venturing to spend the money, go to Ed Brown or Les Baer... Stay away from these jerks.

OldHoosier62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    SW Indiana
    You aren't missing anything, trust me. They are not even in the same solar system as Brown,Baer,etc...

Their parts failure rate is astronomical. Good looks but questionable performance.

OldHoosier

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    For background, Olympic 1911's are the same as Safari arms build by 1 master pistolsmith at Scheutzen Pistol Works in Olympia, Washington. They make amazing 1911s and I've wanted one for years.

I have been trying to order one for over a month now. This is probably the worst customer service (except Bohica Arms) I've ever dealt with! There smith is an a** and their customer service won't take your money if you throw it at them. These pistols are custom made to order and take about 4 months to receive. I've been trying to get in line on an Enforcer model, but all I get are smart comments and refusal to talk to me or any FFL who calls. They do not care and their customer service is about as nice as their junk line of ARs.

Anyone venturing to spend the money, go to Ed Brown or Les Baer... Stay away from these jerks.

They did you a B I G favor:yesway: there are too my "GOOD" 1911 to worry about olympic;)

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I had a family friend who is an FFL order one for me right after Wanted came out. We were told it would be about a year, we waited FOREVER for it (exaggeration) and every time I called they couldn't tell me anything.
    When I returned from my deployment in Iraq (left over a year after the order was placed and was gone for about a year) my mom called them to ask about the order (It was in her name, as I was under 21 at the time the order was placed). She told them I was coming home from Iraq and wanted to know where my gun was. They transferred her to the smith who asked why we didn't tell them I was in the military earlier. He found my order and completed it in about 2 weeks.

$h!tty customer service and honestly the gun was not worth it. I will admit that it does shoot slightly tighter groups than my STI Spartan (on the same trip to the range with the same ammo), but it was not worth all the hassle and when I opened it BRAND NEW there were two nics in the metal. One on the slide release (which leaves a lot to be desired to begin with) and one on the top of the slide above the slide stop.

I will not deal with them again and am very avid in directing any business I can away from them. They do not deserve anyone's hard earned money, esp in this economy.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I had a family friend who is an FFL order one for me right after Wanted came out. We were told it would be about a year, we waited FOREVER for it (exaggeration) and every time I called they couldn't tell me anything.
    When I returned from my deployment in Iraq (left over a year after the order was placed and was gone for about a year) my mom called them to ask about the order (It was in her name, as I was under 21 at the time the order was placed). She told them I was coming home from Iraq and wanted to know where my gun was. They transferred her to the smith who asked why we didn't tell them I was in the military earlier. He found my order and completed it in about 2 weeks.

!tty customer service and honestly the gun was not worth it. I will admit that it does shoot slightly tighter groups than my STI Spartan (on the same trip to the range with the same ammo), but it was not worth all the hassle and when I opened it BRAND NEW there were two nics in the metal. One on the slide release (which leaves a lot to be desired to begin with) and one on the top of the slide above the slide stop.

I will not deal with them again and am very avid in directing any business I can away from them. They do not deserve anyone's hard earned money, esp in this economy.
    Thank you for your service to our country!

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Thanks Jtgarner. That pretty much made sure I'll never give them money. What a waste of oxygen. Their gunsmith is a jerkoff too.
    Yeah like I said, I didn't talk to him, my mom did, but I am not impressed. Someday I will fix the scratches on it and get it re finished (I have a thing against selling guns haha) and I may get it worked on to fix the slide stop and safety issues I have and maybe smooth it out overall, but I will never buy another.
    Forgot to mention the tool marks on the trigger guard (-) and that the front sight is nice a smooth with the slide (+) just too other things about it that I felt deserved mention.

Thank you for your service to our country!
    Thank you for the support. Not to derail the thread, but even those of us who didn't have it too bad over there appriciate that there are still people back home who are thankful for what we do.

Top Bottom