• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    Recently put new batteries in my Eotech 512. It had been sitting for a while without batteries in it to avoid corrosion. I tried several different sets of AA batteries and it will Not power up.
    I contacted Eotech and they no longer service the 512 but suggested changing the battery contacts and replacing the battery compartment. I took it apart and checked the battery connections. They all appear to be in good working order.
    Anyone have any experience and suggestions?
    Thanks

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I own one, years ago I pulled it out of the safe and did the same thing. Put battery's in it and it would not power up.
    Finely called Eotech and talked to an engineer and he told me a set of contacts have fallen out with me storing battery's in it.
    And the acid vapor from a battery caused the glue that held the contacts in to fail and they would fall out when you opened the battery door.
    I told him not in this case, didn't happen.
    They sent me a figure 8 made of rubber and it had contacts in the middle of the 8 as to extend the battery contacts.
    It's been a sometimes work and sometimes not work red dot.
    If I knew where it was right now I would take a picture of the piece they sent me.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    While apart, put batteries in and check for voltage on the board. I don't know anything if that is a shake awake or you push a switch to turn on..if switch, jump the contacts on the switch. I've had many Bushnell light switches that felt like they worjed but didn't, i had to jump the wires to find out the switches were bad.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I finally got batteries for the daughters red dot scope and the marlin 60 scope after close to 10 years them not working. AR worked but marlin 60 isn't. Guna have to take apart to see whats up.

EDIT::: Well i feel a bit stupid!! I initially put button batteries in with +(solid side) up, then tried that side down. I looked for polarity markings but didn't see them. Started taking apart and then could see markings. Needless to say, button cells needed 1 up and 1 down.DUH Why i didn't pay attention to this first...IDK...red dot works fine..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom