• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Until recently I owned a 71 Monte Carlo, it was equipped with the "chest protector belts" that were separate from the seat beats and located in clips above the side windows. I never did wear these driving. One day at the VFW I asked a group on policemen eating lunch if I was required to use them. They didn't really seem to know, the best that they could seem to come up with, was that since the car was equipped with them, that I had to wear them. I said than since it was a law for seat belts, I believed I didn't have to. Anybody really know?:dunno:

cain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    While a little different situation, I received a seatbelt ticket one time for just wearing the lap-belt of a 5-point racing harness. It was at a checkpoint in Greenwood, an officer walked up to my window and asked to pull over to the side of the road (was sitting at a stop light). While I showed them I had my lap belt on, they asked where the rest of the seat belt was. I stated they were behind the seat and bolted to the roll cage. The officer proceeded to write me a ticket and stated that if it's attached to the car, I had to wear it. Being a little ticked I asked about the "crotch belt" to which he did state I didn't have to wear that :)

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    While a little different situation, I received a seatbelt ticket one time for just wearing the lap-belt of a 5-point racing harness. It was at a checkpoint in Greenwood, an officer walked up to my window and asked to pull over to the side of the road (was sitting at a stop light). While I showed them I had my lap belt on, they asked where the rest of the seat belt was. I stated they were behind the seat and bolted to the roll cage. The officer proceeded to write me a ticket and stated that if it's attached to the car, I had to wear it. Being a little ticked I asked about the "crotch belt" to which he did state I didn't have to wear that :)

This from police who've had themselves exempted from having to wear seat belts.

Nothing like hypocrisy.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis

Dude, you have a racecar, should just keep goin', they wouldn't catch up to you..

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    Dude, you have a racecar, should just keep goin', they wouldn't catch up to you..
    I don't care how fast your car is, you can't outrun the radio. And then the next thing you know you will not only get a seatbelt ticket, you'll also have tickets for speeding and probably reckless driving along with an arrest for fleeing and the cost of a new set of tires due to the stopsticks.

Top Bottom