• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    How many of you old timers have held onto the first firearm you purchased or posessed? I bought a Remington Nylon 66 in 1960. It has had thousands of rounds fired through it and still shoots as good today as it did when it was new. I worked all summer flipping burgers to come up with the $80 to buy it.

Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    Rem 510 Targetmaster given to me by Great Uncle when I turned 12 (born in 53). It was old when I got it, said he bought it new for 6 dollars. Still shoots better than I can hold, dam*** old eyes.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    The first one I bought was my S+W model 18 that I got in 1978. Bought it at Emroe's at.......now see I'm old, I can't remember the shopping center it was in. Either Eastgate or the one at 62nd and Keystone.

Anyways I still have it.

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    My old Ithica

My uncle bought me an Ithica 22 single shot lever action rifle (looks like the Winchester lever) from Sears when I was 8. No way I could tell you how many rounds have gone down that barrel. All of my kids learned how to shoot with it. My 3 yr old grand daughters turn is coming up in a few years.:)

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    My first gun was a Savage O/U .22...20 gauge, booted the crap out of me. Traded it for a Marlin 39A.........that I still have. I also have my father's first revolver, a S&W .22 bought used in 1929. While it's well worn, it still function fine................................:@ya:....<>< Duce

csnoski

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    .22 lever action from Sears which I still have. I had to wait til I was 12 since I was 'wilder' than my older bro that got his first rifle at 11. My bday is in April and I had to wait an extra week when Chicago halted gun sales in the wake of MLK's murder in '68.

Doobie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    First gun was a Remington Speedmaster 22 I bought in 1970 when I was in Fairbanks, AK. I still have it and it shoots great.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I still have the first rifle that was given to me by my grandad. An Ithaca lightning. Still have the first gun I ever bought with my own money, too. A Taurus .357 revolver.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Still have my first Rifle

I still have my first .22 rifle....I earned money mowing lawns.
    It's a Noble MDL 20F single shot. I shot that .22 more than all my other guns put together. Still looks pretty good.
    It was purchased in Chicago at a store called Monroes before the SHTF.:rockwoot:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    How many of you old timers have held onto the first firearm you purchased or posessed? I bought a Remington Nylon 66 in 1960. It has had thousands of rounds fired through it and still shoots as good today as it did when it was new. I worked all summer flipping burgers to come up with the $80 to buy it.

I had my Nylon 66 out yesterday.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    My first firearm that I shot was a savage model 22-410 that my father bought new in about 1950. He paid about $20 for it and was very upset that the one he got had that 'cheap' plastic stock and foregrip (tenite). Little did he know that it would be worth FAR more with that 'plastic' stock than if it had the normal wooden one. That is one gun that I will NEVER part with. I fully intend to pass it down to my son, and hopefully to his son and so forth.

Greg

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    $37 for an old Remington Model 511 Scoremaster bolt action .22 when I was 12. Got it at Goldman's Pawn Shop in downtown Evansville. Store's long gone but the rifle is still my favorite .22.

Top Bottom