• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    So for the last few months I've OC'd when driving up north to visit family, mainly because the area is starting to turn for the worse. Houses are being broken into in broad daylight. People are being held at gun point on the streets in the middle of the day in what use to be a "good neighborhood". Elders are being beaten and one instance in-particular a woman's head and hands were forced onto the stove burners until she handed over her purse... stuff like that.

Well today, like every other day I drove up with my G23 OC'd on my right hip. Spent all day doing some yard work for my grandparents and then decided to take them out to dinner at the local Applebees. It wasn't until we were walking out of the restaurant my grandma grabbed my arm from behind and said, "You didn't carry that in there like that did you?" I said, "Yes, it hasn't left my side since I've been in town, did you just now notice?" She then went on and on and on about "What if someone sees you?" At her age (nothing against you elder gun owners out there) I wasn't going to even start attempting to explain the 2nd amendment to her, all I said was "It was legal for me to carry it and I do it for to protect myself and my family if needed". Her best comment out of all was, "What if a bully wants to start a fight with you when he sees you have a gun"... really grandma???? :dunno: My grandpa just laughed and told her to get in the truck..haha. And then when it was time for me to leave, she gave me a hug from behind because she didn't want "that thing" to go off.

....What a day, what a day!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    So for the last few months I've OC'd when driving up north to visit family, mainly because the area is starting to turn for the worse. Houses are being broken into in broad daylight. People are being held at gun point on the streets in the middle of the day in what use to be a "good neighborhood". Elders are being beaten and one instance in-particular a woman's head and hands were forced onto the stove burners until she handed over her purse... stuff like that.

I often visit family in the NW Indiana area, and I wouldn't go up there without my weapon. Like you said, the area I visit has deteriorated, and I would feel vulnerable without it.
    That being said, my Mother asked me more than once to take her a few places and "reminded me ;)" that I should bring my weapon. She wants me to bring it along, and feels more comfortable when it is with me. What a difference a few years makes. :)
    I love your Grandfather's response. :D

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    Agreed...sadly this place gets worse and worse everyday =[ Its sad, such a nice place. I take the heater everywhere I go =] Haha.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    QFT! No disagreement there. :ar15:It's a shame to see the area I spent where I spent most of my life deteriorate faster and faster. :xmad:

Agreed... when I use to live up there nothing like this happened. Since then, it has been overwhelmed by the hispanic population (absolutley nothing wrong with hispanics) but it's funny how the hispanic population quadrupled in the last 5 years in that area and "most" of the home break-ins / robberies were committed by a hispanic male.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    NWI isn't the only place, but I agree it has slipped rapidly. I'm a Realtor in Indy and the huge wave of foreclosures has since taken a lot of us to areas we would not otherwise have seen. Telling you I felt "uncomfortable" getting out of my car in some of those is just a huge understatement. About the second time one of the ladies in the office ask me go with and "protect" them, I applied for an LTCH. Been a couple of months now; and I thought the military invented hurry up and wait.

NRA Lifer since 1971

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    Only reason she didn't want to hug you is cause when she touches grandpa's gun it goes off.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    lost one grandmother when i was very young. the older i get the more i appreciate the 3 grandparents i have left. like the day my grandma told my older brother to quit acting like a s**t head and take care of his wife. it made my day, as i had never even heard about grandma swearing before that day.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom