• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    This is straight off of my bank statement
    Effective september 20, 2010 free checking becomes ONB essential checking with a tiered monthly service charge unless a daily balance of $500 is maintained. The monthly service charge is $1.95 with a minimum balance $200 to $400.00, $3.95 with a minimum balance of $100 to $199.99 and $5.95 with a minimum balance less than $100

Im in college so the only time I have $500 in there is before my bills are paid. So i am currently looking for a new bank ASAP and old National will be hearing why I am leaving. I imagine that most people will be unhappy with this. Bye Bye ONB

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Check out a credit union, ALL/EVERY bank(s) will be charging fees like that soon!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    pnc has some pretty crappy fees if you ask me.
    credit unions are the way to go. most townships (if you live in a township) will let you join as long as you live/work/are employeed by someone/somewhere in the township...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    welcome to bank accounts back in the 1980's ..
    Just about every bank required $500 min in a checking account..
    Banks are going back to that since they can't make as much $$ off debit cards & over draft fees..
    Now days most banks have another way to waive fees, if you have a loan or credit card account with them... a min cd deposit.. and so on..

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Evansville Teachers FCU or Heritage FCU are mui bueno

Most credit unions are a no go. I like the convenience of lots of ATM locations. they either need to have no atm fees or in the case of ETFCU allow unlimited atm visits for free. ETFCU only allows 10

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    hmm...I'm safe, but the principle of the thing pisses me off. I have 5 accounts there.

Last edited:

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I used to be a long time ONB user, til a few yrs ago when they wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for more checks. So I switched to Heritage, I couldn't be happier with their service. Heritage, or Eville Teachers.

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    Yeah, I just saw this on my bank statement too. They increased their "Foreign ATM Withdrawal Fee" by 50 cents. I am looking for another bank!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    WTF! I will be dropping by the bank tomorrow.

I liked Old National, always friendly folks very welcoming, but this will be it.

Im already furious with Banks, and they're ability to rob me blind - Had a bank take money from my account, withOUT my permission, and accused me of not using it over a 365 day period of time, which was a freaking lie.

If I known who authorized it, I'd probably be & happily in jail.

Go to M&I folks.

This will create more hassle for me, so thanks alot.

Every single money-grubbing elitist needs to be ********

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    hassle is right, I have to go open an account this week and get checks printed, wait for my next check to deposit, change my direct deposit acount and then change all my online banking. I should ask old national for a parting gift for me time.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have done business with M&I Bank for years... Haven't had one single issue nor do I have to pay any monthly service fees. Check them out. http://www.mibank.com

AS M&I? I thought they just came to IN a few years ago.

I would have preferred to stay at First Indiana, but I have to admit that I haven't had any problems with M&I...except for their irritating manner of applying all the debits to the account as they happen and holding the credits until the end of the day, regardless of the time they were made.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Little town banks are the way to go. Been with Citizens Bank based out of Mooresville for 3 years now. Never an issue. Ever. No serious fees, nothing like this coming our way that we can see. I'll have to check my Chase account though. If they go this route I won't use them.

Any idea why banks are going this route?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    My wife worked for Old National as a commercial lender before she changed banks (she now works for Monroe County Bank) anyhoo she said that this isn't necessarialy an Old National issue but a federal issue where the government made changes to banking. She said to look into a college account. She didn't think that there were any fees related to those accounts.

Top Bottom