• ...and so much more!
  • Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Neighbor lady’s husband passed 10 or so years ago. She gave me this the other day.

I have no idea how old it is
    9c83867fe91946330507b4010ce3846d.jpg

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    All questionable ammo needs to be verified safe by the canooten - refractorizing system and I believe I am the only one within 50 states that has a working canooten. Send me your ammo and I will make sure each piece has the canooten properly positioned to maintain safe refractorizing during the expulsion process.

Since you are a member of INGO, I will only charge you for the canootens and will process the refractorizing for free.....my gift to a fellow members. You can thank me later. In lieu of monetary payment you can send large pizza without pineapple.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    Make sure that they have non-corrosive primers.
    If non-corrosive, chute 'em...
    If corrosive, tear 'em apart and don't chute 'em...

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    My advice would be to be especially careful of low-powered rounds or delayed ignition. If a round seems weak when fired, check for a bore obstruction.
    This. No rapid fire in case of a squib. I shot some reloads that were given to me that had been sitting in a basement and it was comical how slow it came out of the barrel, cartoon like. Only shot a few and checked the barrel each round.

Cheeseburgr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2024
    Puyallup
    On a shotgun I might not be as worried, but when I got my grandpas old rifle, I shot the ammo it came with, and had 3 rounds open on the sides and throw gas back into my face. Factory ammo. I didn't shoot any more, (frankly I should've stopped after 1) and from now on I am a lot more hesitant to shoot old ammo, even if it looks fine,

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I recently came into a LOT of ammo, components, etc. when a pal passed away in December. Most of the several thousand reloads I got were dated from the mid 90s and, per Hodgdon's online data center, were enough over max that I won't shoot 'em. So, I'm in the process of pulling down 800 or so .223 loads. Today, I had 2 rds in which the powder (748) was clumped together and wouldn't pour out of the case. Had to turn it neck down and tap it on the bench to remove the powder. Would it have burned? Who knows, but I sure wouldn't want to take a chance with it. If there are 2, there are probably more. Pulling it all down and will reuse the primed brass. All WSR primers.

Top Bottom