• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2024
    Madison
    Edit: so even when the rifles empty the bolt is still not able to be pulled back all the way, I can get about a quarter of the way open and it won't go any further. I have to pull pretty hard for it to get back this far shown in the picture.

I picked this rifle up for around $120 at my local gun store and I immediately took it home and cleaned it. Took it out on the range with the recommended ammo and I was getting several failure to feeds. It wouldn't correctly align the bullet so when it would go to chamber the next round it would sheer off part of the lead because it was trying to force it into the hole. So I took it home and completely cleaned it this time, and went to the range and had some better success, but with some of the same issues with it but towards the end I had a malfunction happen. I couldn't get the bolt to come back it felt like it was stuck. So I got it home cleaned it and it pulled out little slivers of 22 ammo and it was sliding back and forth all right until I put the springs back in it. Is this just an issue with a recoil spring etc? There's next to nothing online about these things that I've been able to find and I know one of you guys out there know what's going on. Thanks
    Ps The picture shown is one that looks exactly like mine, I didn't take a picture of it and I won't be able to for a bit1000002379.jpg1000002380.jpg

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I had one years ago, shot ok, stock was dinged and dented, sanded it down refinished it, gave it a good cleaning, traded it for an Yugo SKS (yes they were cheaper then) In the 80's a friend in the air force bought a semi AR looking .22, turns out it was a jam-o-matic... it was a Squires Bingham. Mine was like yours wood stock, I only bought it because it had a 15 round mag, at the time the so called assault rifle ban was in effect, so I thought it was neat....wish I still had the SKS.....
    So after the thread jack, yes, check the feed lips, might contact Armscorp (Rock Island) they might have parts, and of course check Numrich...Good luck!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I bet a new mag and the right ammo will make a big difference you might spend a little on several different brands or possibly you have a few to experiment with

Top Bottom