• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thank you Kirk for the clarification.

You are absolutely right on the schools situation, although not this person in the mirror. Myself and a bunch of other tax payers successfully beat down an unnecessary proposed multimillion $ new school in our county.

The sad thing is that we pay our school administrators to do the best thing for the school and part of that is the "we must spend the money or it will go away" attitude. The way the system is now, a frugal administrator and school board is perceived as neglecting the children, letting $'s that could have come to the district go elsewhere.

The whole school money system is about as easy to understand as the tax code. I believe this is intentional, so that the average person is perplexed. The most noticable examples are the major building/remodeling expenitures, only to later lay off teachers (or threaten to) for lack of funding.

We need to have some politicians that will run on fixing this system and tie it to the property tax "crisis."

I'd like to take this opportunity to direct the attention of those interested in this issue to a blog run by a very good friend of mine who is also the co-founder of IN Self Defense.

Pack a lunch and a cup of coffee or seven, there's a LOT of info there, but it is ALL relevant.

If you wonder why your property taxes are so high :spend: :toilet2:, this blog will explain a significant portion of it.

Welcome to My Tea Party

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom