• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I do carry a backup sometimes. If I do its normally my CZ-52 or my Judge in a belly band, maybe a shoulder holster if wearing a coat. Normally just the G30 with plenty of extra ammo. Depends on where I'm going. Am prob gonna get me a small gun that I can carry in my weakside pocket for a backup though. Just trying to decide on whether a snub, or a small auto.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    just curious... why did you say "fess up".... that implies that its a bad thing to carry two no? then the popcorn eating smiley makes me think that you thought this would turn into an argument... just wondering.... is there a section of gun owners that look down on carrying a BUG?

I think there is a section of gun owners who ONLY carry just a mouse/pocket gun and get offended when you refer to their carry gun as a BUG.

Yesterday I saw a GANG type FIGHT of roughly 3 dozen people in my neighborhood in S. Hammond, at South Eastern and 173rd Street (by the YMCA). Roughly a dozen people per group converging on that intersection from 3 directions. Unreal. Had the cops not rolled up just when it started, who knows. My wife and I ride that bike path with the kids!!!

Anyway, in todays world it's idiotic to think someone carrying only a 5 shot snubbie or a pocket-anything is going to be completely effective against what you could easily encounter. Not saying that there are times when you may only carry that snubbie, but as a regular occurance, you are fooling yourself if you think you are really 'prepared'.

That's one of the reasons why I carry a fullsize service (4") XD in 9mm. 16+1 rounds. I don't expect to have to use all of that and a s&w 642, but if I ever need to draw my weapon a gang of a dozen people know you can only shoot 5 of them. You draw a large semiauto pistol and they know you can throw a lot of lead AND reload quickly.

They know you mean business. If they don't, you can prove it to them.

I'll admit when I go out alone I'll sometimes just carry the BUG. I can run fast when I need to. Going out with the family? No way I'm risking that 5 round of 38+p will handle whatever I could encounter.

Yesterday PROVED that had I been on that bike path and they had choosen me or my family to attack I'd need a lot more than my snubbie or P32.

Last edited:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Anyway, in todays world it's idiotic to think someone carrying more than a 5 shot snubbie or a pocket-anything is going to be effective against what you could easily encounter.

Did that come out backwards? The way it's worded, it sounds as though you're saying anything more than that is ineffective.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    ....:popcorn:

Reasons?
    Yes. In Iraq, I carried an M-16A4 and an M9. Why?

Because they wouldn't issue me a SAW!!!!

:ar15::ar15::ar15:

stateside I rarely carry more than one gun, but when I do, it's just for variety.

Anyway, in todays world it's idiotic to think someone carrying no more than a 5 shot snubbie or a pocket-anything is going to be effective against what you could easily encounter. Not saying that there are times when you may only carry that snubbie, but as a regular occurance, you are fooling yourself if you think you are really 'prepared'.
    (i get what you meant to say)

What about an 8-shot snubbie??
    I carried mine all day yesterday, no BUG.

Blue River Guns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    yep! P3AT in the front weak hand pocket goes well the strong hand xd. Like others have said gotta practice your setup. I would rather have the extra weapon if needed than "wishing" I had it if I left it at home in the safe.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I usually carry two when I can. When it's too difficult to conceal my primary I'm left with my bug in a pocket or on my calf. I've always got the bug, so I don't know if that qualifies it for the primary and my .40/9/357's on the hip as the secondary?

Mikeg23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Good point!

I usually carry two when I can. When it's too difficult to conceal my primary I'm left with my bug in a pocket or on my calf. I've always got the bug, so I don't know if that qualifies it for the primary and my .40/9/357's on the hip as the secondary?

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I do....I carry a pistol and the trusty ol trunk monkey!

What kind of gun does the monkey have?

I only carry one... and sadly it is usually my LCP with only one mag.

What can I say, its easy and comfortable. At least I have SOMETHING, but I admit I should try to start carrying an extra mag. I doubt I will ever start carrying 2, but I admire those willing to do so.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    I will be carrying 2 guns soon. My newly purchased Ruger LCP for my back up and my XD, or the Judge for my main carry piece. Sometimes I wish I could carry all of them... Ahh, the good old days of the Marine Corps. All the guns and ammo you wanted and no one looked at you funny...

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I always double fist...........

DSC01580.JPG

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I only carry one (aside from the car/truck guns). I carry an XD daily

In reality, it's already like having 2 guns. Pull the gun in the first place and there's a good chance the BG's gonna wimp out and and tuck tail.

But if not, I've got 16 rounds for him/them.

As an OC'er, while I don't care about any "attention" my OC'ing may bring, I would think being strapped with 2 guns and 4 mags on my belt might cause concern :D

Top Bottom