• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I just got a XD 40 Tactical last weekend and already want to change the rear sight to an adjustable. So whats out there? I would like something like a MMC but don't know if they are still around. Other than changing the factory sights to Trijicons what are the options? And does anyone know a good source of cheap factory mags?

Thanks.
    DocIndy

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I just got a XD 40 Tactical last weekend and already want to change the rear sight to an adjustable. So whats out there? I would like something like a MMC but don't know if they are still around. Other than changing the factory sights to Trijicons what are the options? And does anyone know a good source of cheap factory mags?

Thanks.
    DocIndy

Ive got one in. 45 acp. There are not many options out there for aftermarket sights, night sites are about the only ones I've ever seen. As far as mags, the cheapest that I've seen them is 25 bucks for the factory mags. I am personally not aware of any off name company that makes cheap mags for the XDs, at least in my research, I've not found any.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    On Commercial Row at Camp Perry this year, Springfield had a waist high cardboard box filled with XD mags. They were $9 each. I bought a few for 9mm. They had 40 mags too, I think they were $13 each.

I have heard that the sights on the XD are to impossible to be replaced by the layman. I have heard that the factory has the tools to replace them without damaging things. Not sure if this is true, I read it on warriortalk.

Edit to add: I just reread the other forum. They talk about how difficult it is to remove the stock sights. The sights are normally ruined in the process but the replacements slide right in.

Last edited:

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    I was that guy who tried to take the rear sight off. Don't even waste your time Just pay the 15 bucks and walk out in 10min. And +1 on the Dawsons.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    XDtalk.com is were I found the info on the Xd and XDM's. Right now Midwayusa has all Springfield mags on sale! $21 and some change with no tax! Also check out Dawsonprecision.com I use the fiber optic front sight, they also have adjustable rear sights as well.

Justin

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have mepros on my XD9. I did them myself and ruined a set of punches in the process. Worth it for that, the mepros are the best night sights hand down IMO.

I sent my XDm9 for the factory trijicons.

I'm not sure what the reason is for getting adjustable sights on an XD (be it a tactical or an M). Seems like a complete waste.

My friend shot on jagged hole at 7 yards with my XDm with the trijicons on it from a full mag. I'm not quite that good yet (I'm barely at 5 yards for that), but unless you can actually put all your rounds into the same hole (not a jagged hole, the same hole) at 7 yards, why are you wasting your money on adjustable sights?

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I have mepros on my XD9. I did them myself and ruined a set of punches in the process. Worth it for that, the mepros are the best night sights hand down IMO.

I sent my XDm9 for the factory trijicons.

I'm not sure what the reason is for getting adjustable sights on an XD (be it a tactical or an M). Seems like a complete waste.

My friend shot on jagged hole at 7 yards with my XDm with the trijicons on it from a full mag. I'm not quite that good yet (I'm barely at 5 yards for that), but unless you can actually put all your rounds into the same hole (not a jagged hole, the same hole) at 7 yards, why are you wasting your money on adjustable sights?
    Windage on a competition gun? :dunno:

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Why an adjustable?????

Why not? I like being able to set up a pistol for a specific load and having adjustment is nice. It might shoot dead on at 10 yds and high at 25. What if I just want to be able to reach out farther? Anybody ever try to shoot a group at 50 yds with open sights? Try a group even farther.....I used to reach out there with a 4" Smith & Wesson 629 Mountain Gun in .44 Magnum. Its fun to out shoot a 8 3/8" .44 with a 4".

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    XD Section???

I just got an XD40... have not shot it yet, as I am waiting for LTCH to arrive. Mods to XD, want to discuss here? I have added some grip tape to slide, thumb area, and near the trigger for index finger locating... Lets keep this one going!

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    I just got an XD40... have not shot it yet, as I am waiting for LTCH to arrive. Mods to XD, want to discuss here? I have added some grip tape to slide, thumb area, and near the trigger for index finger locating... Lets keep this one going!

Run a couple of hundred rounds through it and see what you don't like. You will probably realize the sights are junk right off the bat. So their is one. I always add a solid guide rod to my XD's & XDM. After that I usually upgrade trigger.

sandman76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2010
    I'am a big fan of sig stock sights. They are the same as your xd and xdm sights.i have a set on my xd

ftbstrd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    xd mags

A couple times a year CDNN has a special on original XD mags and last year I got 3 hi cap mags and a factory mag holster for $39with free shipping!

samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Just FYI, the XD also has a small accessory rail just under the barrel. They make a great laser that clips on to the rail. It even has a piece of metal that is touch-sensitive like a touch-lamp to turn the laser on/off. Very neat accessory. The only downside I've see is that it will no longer fit the stock holster (which I dislike anyways).

Top Bottom