• ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ohio has great cities? Really? Where?

I'm guessing he is just jealous. Indiana may not be some sort of artsy, cultural mecca (thank god), but Ohio "ain't all that" either! If I remember correctly, Ohio had some of the worst manufacturing job losses in the nation, and still hasn't started to rebound.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I guess he is just jealous that Indiana has enjoyed a rise in popularity since the Super Bowl of last year, that our football and basketball teams are more popular than the ones from Ohio, that our state university basketball team is higher ranked than his. That we Hoosiers are freer that his Buckeyes.

I could go on, but it would just seem like I am gloating. :D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Kasich is a douche bag and always has been, especially when he threw gun owners under the bus when he was in congress. Screw him. His opinion on anything means less than nothing to me.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I worked for a company out of Cleveland for 3 years. Going to corporate meetings down on Harvard Ave. was a nightmare. There is not enough money in the WORLD to get me to live there.

BTW Kirk, thanks for the video....I just sent the link to it to one of my lawyer acquaintances who is from Cleveland.....yes, he is a liberal.......

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    The only reason I step foot in Ohio is to go to Jungle Jims. Other than that it is merely drive through territory. Nothing in that state at all.

Mustang380gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Ohio's Amish Country
    Kasich seems to have foot in mouth disease. He ticks people off all the time.

He managed to balance the budget by withholding all the tax revenue that the state formerly gave to townships. He was very proud that he hasn't raised taxes. But now all the townships can't meet their obligations, and are having serious budget shortfalls, so guess what they are doing? Yep, state taxes haven't gone down, and we are faced with more local tax.

Hubby and I both have parents in the late 70s, into the 80s. We can't go anywhere for a long while, if ever.

Every time I have visited Indiana, I have thought it seems like a great place.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I guess he is just jealous that Indiana has enjoyed a rise in popularity since the Super Bowl of last year, that our football and basketball teams are more popular than the ones from Ohio, that our state university basketball team is higher ranked than his. That we Hoosiers are freer that his Buckeyes.

I could go on, but it would just seem like I am gloating. :D

What, we had a superbowl????? Did not know that, so AFAIMC, this guy is nothing than a POS that is wasting oxygen. Ohio is just as bad as NY as far as I am concerned.

BrianJacobsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Carthage
    Indiana may not be some sort of artsy, cultural mecca

The Wife and I, both Conservatives, lived in Downtown Chicago for a couple of years and we did all the "culture" stuff. We were season ticket holders at the Steppenwolf Theater. We ate at some pretty fancy restaurants and honestly...meh.

Other than a way to make a lot of money go away it wasn't much to write home about. We were so bored with the Liberal preachifying and speechifying at Steppenwolf that we gave the tickets for almost the whole second season away to a neighbor of ours.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ohio has great cities? Really? Where?

I'm guessing he is just jealous. Indiana may not be some sort of artsy, cultural mecca (thank god), but Ohio "ain't all that" either! If I remember correctly, Ohio had some of the worst manufacturing job losses in the nation, and still hasn't started to rebound.
    All I remember about Ohio his how long and boring the drive across that darn state is...

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Ohio

I'm from there. Tuscarawas County to be exact. I left in 95 for college and haven't been back too much. I did propose to my wife at mid ohio. The Governor was there too and said that Ohio needs some good young people like my now wife and I. I didn't want to tell him that I was there and I left for Indiana. I still have family over there. Dad wants to move to IN and my liberal sister loves columbus but wants to live in Manhattan.

Jason

Top Bottom