• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Whoa.

I've never been more glad to be retired from law enforcement. Domestic terror attacks from both ISIS and BLM are bad enough, but I can't even imagine being a LEO command officer trying to keep a lid on political conventions that are going to nominate the two most grotesquely unqualified presidential candidates in history. Well, ONE of them is anyway. The other one may simply implode.

And then to have the head honcho of street cops make a public statement that he doesn't give a flying fxxk about the Constitution and wants to suspend it?

Great...really great.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Former Ohio resident here. We considered Ohio to be upside down, as in it's.... excrement orifice is at the top. Sooo... there's Cleveland. Cleveland has been a bastion of liberal idiocy and complete disrespect for both the Federal and State Constitutions for as long as I can remember. Cleveland thinks it can push around Ohio like Chicago pushes around Illinois, and NYC pushes around the rest of New York state. Those of us that lived downstate were embarrassed that Cleveland was a part of Ohio and wound have gladly supported it being given to Pennsylvania or Canada. With that said, Cleveland can go straight to Hell. (Only that Hell won't take it because they are worried about property values). Cleveland believes it is exempt from "home rules" and continues to make it's own regulations that are blatantly against Ohio law. They continue to lose in court time after time, and are too stupid to cease their behavior.

Cleveland has been, and will continue to be a festering thorn in the side of anyone that cares about gun rights, or has even an elementary grasp on what laws and Constitutions mean.

The news and talking heads aren't helping either. I'm so sick of New Yorkers babbling on the news about Ohio gun laws (or Indiana's for that matter), when they don't understand Jack about them. I just yelled at the television watching Newt Gingrich get this wrong on Hannity. Yes,
    I know Gingrich is from GA. He stated that open carry in Ohio means you still need a license, or at least need to meet the requirements for one. This is completely wrong.

It was a long, hard road in Ohio to get most of the police departments to understand that there was an Ohio Supreme Court decision about open carry, and it's a RIGHT. No license is required. No training is required. No stinking permit, license, or note from your mother is required. If you can legally purchase a firearm, you can openly carry it. (Cars don't count. Don't get me started on that). Cleveland has still resisted this simple concept, and will continue to get their city butts sued off by open carriers that get tackled, detained, and treated like criminals.

Liberty Sanders, I remember you and the help you gave us and I thank you for it. I went by a different name on Ohio's gun boards. I also left OFCC's organization after they cracked down on the open carry supporters there. Honestly, since I have moved to Indiana I haven't gone back to OFCC or BFA and I'm not looking back. I like it here in Indiana.

And no, there is no good or legitimate reason to go to Cleveland. I've been there many times and done the research for you. Stay here.

Chris

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    And to make this worse, some rather disingenuous "Progressive" pundits and bloggers are saying: "See, the GOP are a bunch of hypocrites!" while of course, leaving out the fact that it wasnt the GOP that called for the "ban" :\

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And to make this worse, some rather disingenuous "Progressive" pundits and bloggers are saying: "See, the GOP are a bunch of hypocrites!" while of course, leaving out the fact that it wasnt the GOP that called for the "ban" :\

Drive the agenda push the narrative.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I have a good friend working up there this week. He's been there since at least Saturday at some point. Indiana National Guard.

He told me Saturday evening that he now wishes he hadn't volunteered for the gig.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "I don't care if it's constitutional or not..." should never be said by someone in a position of authority.

Cnp-8ANWcAAuh9E.jpg:large

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    So what makes an openly carried firearm more deadly than a concealed firearm?

If that's the case maybe it's time I switched to open carry.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So what makes an openly carried firearm more deadly than a concealed firearm?

If that's the case maybe it's time I switched to open carry.

Obviously you're ignorant, but I will try to help.

Of the all the people I have shot, the only ones who died were shot while I was open carrying. The others walked away and politely thanked me for concealing my weapon.

I personally have never had a 5 year old take my open carried firearm, but several of my friends have.

My open carried pistol has jumped out on a couple of occasions and killed a number of public servants and innocent bystanders. Never had that happen while I CC'd.

Hopefully this clears it up for you.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    “We are going to be looking very, very hard at anyone who has an open carry,” he said. “An AR-15, a shotgun, multiple handguns. It’s irresponsible of those folks — especially right now — to be coming downtown with open carry AR’s or anything else. I couldn’t care less if it’s legal or not. We are constitutional law enforcement, we love the Constitution, support it and defend it, but you can’t go into a crowded theater and scream fire. And that’s exactly what they’re doing by bringing those guns down there.”

I don't even know where to start.

So many facepalms.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    “We are going to be looking very, very hard at anyone who has an open carry,” he said. “An AR-15, a shotgun, multiple handguns. It’s irresponsible of those folks — especially right now — to be coming downtown with open carry AR’s or anything else. I couldn’t care less if it’s legal or not. We are constitutional law enforcement, we love the Constitution, support it and defend it, but you can’t go into a crowded theater and scream fire. And that’s exactly what they’re doing by bringing those guns down there.”

I don't even know where to start.

So many facepalms.

I know.

I think I'll start with this gem.
    We are constitutional law enforcement, we love the Constitution, support it and defend it, but...

No! You are not "constitutional law enforcement" or, "love the Constitution, support it and defend it" when you are advocating breaking the constitution.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He was on one of the morning shows this morning> I think the Today Show. He assured us he is very pro 2nd amendment along with all of the other officers.

Top Bottom