• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Was riding through puddles when I was a kid and my front tire wedged into a crack in the black top. When I got up the bike was sitting on handle bars and tire was still in crack. Also done the opposite trying to climb a steep hill and couldn't make it so hit back brakes to get off. Before I could get off the bike I was going over backward down the hill. Always cross rail road crossing at a 90 or they can grab your tire and throw you on your face before you know what happened and leaving you walking home with a bent to hell front rim.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Heard about it since the first time I ever rode a bike. Never did it, never even thought it was ever likely to ever happen. Don't recall any one ever actually saying it happened to them.

Don't wait until you are 54 years old to hit the front brake and go over the handle bars head first for the first time ever.

It's not much fun so far and still getting worse every time I get up again to move around or do something.

man you must have been flying on that walker Jack. I never understood why they added brakes to those things.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    mountain-bike-crash-endo.jpg

I wonder how the guy in the top left corner landed after his buddy face planted and left an extra obstacle.:):

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Flying down a trail at Wapahani bike park in B-ton. There was a small tree in the middle of the trail. I had bar ends on my bike, like a hook. Caught the little tree, jerked the front wheel 90*, bike stopped, I didn't! Landed flat on my back. That was several years ago.
    Glad you're ok Jack.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It's been almost a year since the original post. Crimoney people, nothing like that could ever happen again.

I just had that Mtn trail type bike long enough to put new tubes and tires on it ans someone decided they wanted it back then.

Broke a spoke on the one in my av a couple days ago. I wonder if they would trade me a new bike at Mao Mart under warrantee on that?

Last edited:

Jerry D Young

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Reno, NV
    Trying to be a hot shot with an old 26" wheeled coaster brake I managed to learn to pop wheelies with it. Unfortunately, I wasn't as maintenance concious as I am now and I popped one on the street in front of our house. The front wheel fell off. I held that wheelie for a llloonngg time, but I could never bring it all the way over backwards so I could get off. So when gravity took control and the front forks hit the pavement, I went over the handlebars and hit the pavement, left wrist first, and skidded down the pavement for a while. Had that strawberry for months before it finally healed. Trashed the bike so had to do without for some time. I learned to do routine maintenance from that little episode.

Top Bottom