• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaardomos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Milltown, Indiana
    Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question. Since we are not allowed to buy guns in other states without having them shipped to an Indiana FFL, what does everyone think about having someone in Kentucky buy the gun and then "buy" it off them? I have some friends that live in Kentucky so just wondering if there is any problems with this if I ever choose this path?

That only applies to handguns. You may buy long guns from out of state FFLs as long as the state you're purchasing it in allows them to be sold to individuals from Indiana. As Shootersix said, you can't buy any out of state gun from a private individual without going through an FFl.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Congratulations. I have been going back and fourth between wanting a SR1911 and a Remington R1.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I was there about 9:15ish the same day. Was my first visit and I was impressed with the selection they had.

Do they still have a big box of AR 30 rd mag's right when you walk into the door? May have to make a trip.. It's like a kid in a candy store.:D

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Congratulations. I have been going back and fourth between wanting a SR1911 and a Remington R1.

I was in the same boat. I got tired of waiting for e Ruger so I bought the R1. Nicely made and I liked it. That is, until I shot it. 4 to 5 rounds out of 100 or so would fail to feed. Bound up half-way into the chamber and the next round below bearing up on it. Sent to Remington and they said they polished the ramp. Looked more like they used a coarse bastard file on it. They also replaced the magazines i went to the range and It shot the same way. Sent it in again. They again polished the ramp. It DID look a little better this time. Went to the range. Shot worse. 5 fails in 70 rounds.
    By this time I had around 400 rounds through it and still couldn't trust it.
    I asked for and received the purchase price back from Remington.
    Now I'm back to waiting for an SR1911! :dunno:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I was in the same boat. I got tired of waiting for e Ruger so I bought the R1. Nicely made and I liked it. That is, until I shot it. 4 to 5 rounds out of 100 or so would fail to feed. Bound up half-way into the chamber and the next round below bearing up on it. Sent to Remington and they said they polished the ramp. Looked more like they used a coarse bastard file on it. They also replaced the magazines i went to the range and It shot the same way. Sent it in again. They again polished the ramp. It DID look a little better this time. Went to the range. Shot worse. 5 fails in 70 rounds.
    By this time I had around 400 rounds through it and still couldn't trust it.
    I asked for and received the purchase price back from Remington.
    Now I'm back to waiting for an SR1911! :dunno:

I got tired of waiting for SR1911 and picked up an R1. It sucks yours caused you so many problems, I have had only 2 jams and both were from the first batch of reloads I made. Once I got the seating depth right not a single problem in the 500 or so rounds since.

The only SR 1911 I've seen locally they wanted $750 for it so I passed.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Sorry to hear of your misfortunes with the R1. I'm sure you would be pleased with the SR1911. You may want to check out some of the bigger gun shops on the east coast. They always seem to get them in. I used the Ruger forums to find out who may have them in stock when I was searching all over the country for one. The Ruger events page is helpful too as they normally bring some with them.

Top Bottom