• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    In my generation it was only common for sailors, Marines, carnival workers, jail birds, and motorcycle gang members to get tattoos. I suppose when all the professional athletes, who went directly from the ghetto to multimillionaire status, started to get inked, the younger generation just jumped on the bandwagon. I don't get it, just like I don't get grown men with hair down to their shoulders or beyond, but to each his own. Some of them are good art, although most subjects are very "dark" in nature. Some of them look like they were made by 5th graders who were getting C's in art class. I wouldn't want to be saddled for life with the bad stuff. I don't like to look at the sagging and blurry tattoos of oldsters who got their tattoos when they were young, either. Just curious. What do you folks pay for your tattoos?

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    In my generation it was only common for sailors, Marines, carnival workers, jail birds, and motorcycle gang members to get tattoos. I suppose when all the professional athletes, who went directly from the ghetto to multimillionaire status, started to get inked, the younger generation just jumped on the bandwagon. I don't get it, just like I don't get grown men with hair down to their shoulders or beyond, but to each his own. Some of them are good art, although most subjects are very "dark" in nature. Some of them look like they were made by 5th graders who were getting C's in art class. I wouldn't want to be saddled for life with the bad stuff. I don't like to look at the sagging and blurry tattoos of oldsters who got their tattoos when they were young, either. Just curious. What do you folks pay for your tattoos?
    my tattoos have nothing to due to bandwagoning with ghetto athletes. that is just a little bit ignorant to say. they run about $80 an hour, depending on how intricate it is.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    my tattoos have nothing to due to bandwagoning with ghetto athletes. that is just a little bit ignorant to say. they run about $80 an hour, depending on how intricate it is.

I freely admit that I'm ignorant as to the popularity of tattoos nowadays. I thought that maybe one of you could enlighten me. I've been around quite a few younger folks with tattoos and piercings. Just like folks without any adornments, there are good and bad. Looks like it's pretty expensive. Like anything, the expense is worth it to those tattooed. The amount of money I have spent on guns, ammo, match fees, club memberships and reloading supplies baffles the uninitiated, I suppose.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    all my tattoo's symbolize something to me...the cluster of butterflies on my back represents my children, the flower on my stomach symbolizes the growth I went through in my teen years, the butterfly on my foot represents the child i lost, and lastly my humingbird is for my grandmother who loved hummingbirds. nearly all tattoo's will tell a story if you ask someone about theirs..

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    Here's my two so far, getting another one in four days for my 30th birthday.
    28676_394105236889_629316889_4648666_2446300_n.jpg
    38799_411111266889_629316889_5109746_6490080_n.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I currently have two tattoos, a Thor's Hammer w/ Dragon Head that I designed.

And the next is my Daughters' name in an ancient Indo-European writing known as Runes.
    ==============================================

The shops in Indy are outragous in price though.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I have a large cross with tribal around it one my back. And an old school Stilleto switchblade on my left forearm. That one is going to get covered up with another cross, The stilleto was a stupid idea.

iamthameg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have a large cross with tribal around it one my back. And an old school Stilleto switchblade on my left forearm. That one is going to get covered up with another cross, The stilleto was a stupid idea.

I think someone....not saying any names...may have told you that while you were in the process of having the transfer put on. Guess we all learn from our mistakes!! ;)!

iamthameg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    This is one of my tattoos. This is on my foot and it's in memory of my Dad who passed two days before I turned 15 years old. I wanted to remember him always. And what better way than every time I see my foot and think to myself that from above my dad is making my walk through life a little more bearable for me. :)
    5u3703.jpg

5f1b2q.jpg

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Left Forearm...
    Lack_of_Direction_by_DarkRose1979.jpg

Right Forearm
    No_Rest_by_DarkRose1979.jpg

The left is a broken compass signifying my lack of direction in life and a reminder to get my sh*t together, the right is a pocketwatch set to 5:18 (my son was born May 18), and the fact that some of us never get a break, even when trying our best. "Wicked" being not conforming to the social norms perceived by most...

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Yes, Taylormade Tattoos. Did great work and insanely cheap.
    He did all of my leg, some of my back and the tribal and blue around the joker.

Late to the party, but as soon as you said "no longer..." I knew it had to be Taylor...

If you haven't found anyone already, I always try to send people to Skeleton Crew on Washington Street. I realize this is a year later, just sayin'...

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    That is some NICE work there DarkRose!

Thank You, gotta give credit to my artist, Nate Perry at Skeleton Crew Tattoo in Columbus, he's also done a few album covers for Iced Earth, and their guitarist Jon Shaffer(and proponent and member of Sons of Liberty Riders) gets a lot of his work done by Dave in the same shop. I went in with two ideas in my head, explained them to Nate, scheduled my ink appointment, and was AMAZED when he was done.
    4 hours each, 2 different sittings.

Jon Shaffer -> Jon Schaffer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Skeleton Crew Tattoo -> Skeleton Crew Tattoo || Columbus, IN || 812-378-9277

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Thank You, gotta give credit to my artist, Nate Perry at Skeleton Crew Tattoo in Columbus, he's also done a few album covers for Iced Earth, and their guitarist Jon Shaffer(and proponent and member of Sons of Liberty Riders) gets a lot of his work done by Dave in the same shop. I went in with two ideas in my head, explained them to Nate, scheduled my ink appointment, and was AMAZED when he was done.
    4 hours each, 2 different sittings.

Jon Shaffer -> Jon Schaffer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Skeleton Crew Tattoo -> Skeleton Crew Tattoo || Columbus, IN || 812-378-9277

I am familiar with Iced Earth. I used to do various gigs around the local Indy music scene and have done gigs YEARS ago with their guitar player, Troy, and also with short time bass player Bo.

I may have to drive to Columbus for my next ink! Thanks for sharing the info..

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    My parents have an ink genius come down from Green Bay, WI two times a year for their tattoo party's. Here are two of his pieces he's done on me:

This one is a tribute to my Navy career that was cut short due to an injury I sustained.

This one is showing my Irish heritage.

Top Bottom