Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    First one: Eye of Horus

1tszcw.jpg

Second: Anubis

jsenbk.jpg

Together on my right arm

11hb2pw.jpg

I have plans to get a goddess on my inner arm and fill in some background to make it a half sleeve, but I don't have to tell any of you, it gets expensive..

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Just read through here and some INGO members have some really awesome art!

I wish my parents weren't incredibly stubborn. Anyone have advice on convincing them to let me get something?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI

I wish my parents weren't incredibly stubborn. Anyone have advice on convincing them to let me get something?

If your a minor it's against the law in IN and a really stupid idea. I have many tats some of which i regret now that I'm a little older and wiser and I got those in my twenties. Relax and breathe think it through and if in 6 months, a year, 2 years, however long you have to wait if you still think what you want is a good idea then go for it.

FYI, most tatoo artist that are any kind of decent person won't tat a minor even if the parent would give permission. I know several and none of them will do it.

If you don't mind me asking how old are you?

Not old enough if he has to ask his parents!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne

I assume you are under 18? If so, then like already stated above it's a no go anyway. Take your time and do plenty of thinking about what you want, it will be there forever. Also do plenty of research about the art and about artists.
    I have over a dozen tattoos and I am nowhere near done, but I can tell you that there is no way in hell I will allow my son to get one before he is 18, and I like tattoos. So if your parents are against them I highly doubt there is anything you can say that will change their mind. I can only imagine some of the ridiculous ideas I would have had for tattoos before I was 18. I can honestly say I have no regrets on any of the ones I have.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    You CAN get a tatoo under 18 if you have a parent with you.

My brother in law just took his 17 year old daughter to get one on the back of her neck.

Long as they sign a paper.

Ambu......if you tell them it wont be that big and out of sight from regular everyday clothing....eh they might sway :dunno:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I assume you are under 18? If so, then like already stated above it's a no go anyway. Take your time and do plenty of thinking about what you want, it will be there forever. Also do plenty of research about the art and about artists.
    I have over a dozen tattoos and I am nowhere near done, but I can tell you that there is no way in hell I will allow my son to get one before he is 18, and I like tattoos. So if your parents are against them I highly doubt there is anything you can say that will change their mind. I can only imagine some of the ridiculous ideas I would have had for tattoos before I was 18. I can honestly say I have no regrets on any of the ones I have.

I agree with most of this. I got my first tattoo as soon as I moved out when I was 18, and 4 more since, but don't regret any of them. However, I thought long and hard about what I wanted and what it would look like years down the road.

The advice I've given most of my friends who want their first tattoo is two-fold:

- Unless it's a common symbol that means something (unit insignia, religious symbol, organization logo, etc.), find a good artist and have them design it, that way you have unique artwork and not just some flash hanging on a wall that anyone can get identical to yours.
    - Once you have an idea you want, before you talk to the artist to have it designed, sit on it for 3-6 months. If you still want that design then, go for it. Saves a lot of first timer's regret.

I've had several friends tell me "I want a tattoo, but don't know what to get" or "I want some ink, but I change my mind all the time on what I want."
    If you can't decide, or change your mind constantly, STOP right there. Don't go in and pick something spur-of-the-moment.

Ink is forever.

"The only difference between tattoo'd people and non-tattoo'd people, is that tattoo'd people don't care if you're non-tattoo'd"

:patriot:

My :twocents:, keep the change.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    I agree that when you're young you should think about a tattoo for a while. But while in Hawaii for our wedding/honeymoon I met a native tattoo artist, and got what most people would consider a huge tattoo on impulse, and I'm glad I did. Who knows when I would ever get the chance to come back to get the same opportunity. I couldn't decide. I knew where I wanted a tattoo, the style I wanted, but not what I wanted specifically. He sat with me for 30 minutes or so, asked me about my life, family, personality, and experiences as a soldier. The whole time he was taking notes. He said "I have what I need", and a couple of hours later I had this on my arm, and I couldn't be happier that I did something on impulse.
    IMG_8974.jpg

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    You CAN get a tatoo under 18 if you have a parent with you.

My brother in law just took his 17 year old daughter to get one on the back of her neck.

Long as they sign a paper.

Ambu......if you tell them it wont be that big and out of sight from regular everyday clothing....eh they might sway :dunno:

I know plenty of minors with tattoos. It's a parental consent thing. Most artists in town refuse to do anyone under 16 though.

I tried the "hidden, out of sight" approach when I turned 16 and they weren't going for it..
    I wanted "Acta non verba" (actions, not words)

I know all the tattoos (or at least most) that I want to get and most of them came after a lot of thought.

Today, while I was getting surgery on my neck, my dad said that me and him were going to get matching tattoos. But I don't know what we should get matching tattoos of? He wants to get "Dad" and "Lad" but to me that sounds kind of...dumb...

All of the tattoo ideas I have for myself he wouldn't want to get inked on himself.

Any advice on a good matching tattoo?
    Going to be inner bicep area. Yes, one of the most painful spots (or so I understand)

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    I know plenty of minors with tattoos. It's a parental consent thing. Most artists in town refuse to do anyone under 16 though.

I tried the "hidden, out of sight" approach when I turned 16 and they weren't going for it..
    I wanted "Acta non verba" (actions, not words)

I know all the tattoos (or at least most) that I want to get and most of them came after a lot of thought.

Today, while I was getting surgery on my neck, my dad said that me and him were going to get matching tattoos. But I don't know what we should get matching tattoos of? He wants to get "Dad" and "Lad" but to me that sounds kind of...dumb...

All of the tattoo ideas I have for myself he wouldn't want to get inked on himself.

Any advice on a good matching tattoo?
    Going to be inner bicep area. Yes, one of the most painful spots (or so I understand)

Get something that reminds you of each other. Like my brother and I both got Eternally/Brothers (which I have posted). Just some food for thought...Or get bacon, that'd remind me of the good ole times...

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Get something that reminds you of each other. Like my brother and I both got Eternally/Brothers (which I have posted). Just some food for thought...Or get bacon, that'd remind me of the good ole times...

Things that remind me of my dad;

Yelling
    Screaming
    Shouting

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom