• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Hey Roadie, I can top these guys offer for that there INGO dust cover by sweetin the deal. How about a homemade pie? Or Brownies with Peanut Butter Fluff? Wait, I got it how about a batch of Peanut Butter Balls?

OK guys get your minds out of the gutter. Peanut Butter Balls are sorta like Buckeye, only much much better.

What do you say Roadie, could you part with that dust cover?

Wow, I was being facetious and I am getting actual offers lol

Sorry, not sure I can part with it. Sentimental value and all that. But tempting a fat guy with sweets? Well played! :D

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    So I am still shopping around for my parts and I am fairly certain I am going the pistol route. I have found someone selling a kak shockwave buffer tube kit and am considering it but I haven't heard much about them. Anyone know much about them?

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Rayne, you got my attention for sure!

Here is 16097, checking in as complete:

Some of the important specs:

• INGO Lower
    • BCM Upper
    • Ballistic Advantage SS 16" Mid-length 1-8 twist .223 Wylde barrel
    • Strike Industries 13" Keymod Rail (seems to be a great bargain so far!)
    • BCM Gunfighter Medium Charging Handle
    • PSA MOE LPK
    • 2 Stage Trigger (think it is a RRA, but I've had it forever and forgot the brand)
    • VLTOR EMOD
    • YHM QD suppressor mount
    • Leupold Mark AR Scope w/ Leupold Mount

Most of the parts for this gun were either parts I had already in the parts bin (which always lead to another build!!!) or that I scavenged from either here on INGO or from AR15.com. I haven't done a final total, but think I'm in this probably < $800 as shown based on my quick math, which isn't bad for the parts going into it.

I had originally planned to rattle can this into a basic camo pattern and use it as a coyote rifle, but still am a sucker for the black, especially with the contrast of the SS barrel. If I do paint it up I may change out the stock for something already in FDE.
    I had been t

Very NICE! It's a beauty sir!

I'm also a sucker for black. I'd really like to hear your thoughts on the two stage trigger. I've been wanting one for my RRA for a while now.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Very NICE! It's a beauty sir!

I'm also a sucker for black. I'd really like to hear your thoughts on the two stage trigger. I've been wanting one for my RRA for a while now.

Thank you! I am really pleased with how it came out, especially given that I wasn't going after any particular type of parts for a certain look, but rather bought what I could get the best deal on at the time that met some general criteria (16", midlength gas, etc.).

I'm a big fan of 2 stage triggers. Not sure how many you've shot before, but honestly, what really turned me on to them was shooting my M1 Garands in actual match settings as well as shooting an AR in and Appleseed. Having that first few fractions of an inch of take-up helps me really focus on a final smooth "press" of the trigger to the rear since that last release of the hammer is literally a couple thousandths of an inch if it breaks really crisply like most do. Many of the USGI rifles such as the M1 Garand did have pretty good triggers for a mass produced rifle.

I can shoot single stage triggers well too, but a 2 stage seems to give me better trigger control when trying to shoot for groups, or make a very precise first shot. What is interesting is that on my Savage 10FP, it has a single stage trigger, but the accu-trigger does have a very light "safety" stage that feels like the first stage of a 2 stage trigger, and helps me really focus on a clean break. A common misconception is that a 2 stage is by default lighter than a single stage, but that isn't always the case. In fact, sometimes its the other way around, but that first stage takes up any and all "creep" that can make a single stage trigger a little bit of a mystery as to where the shot will break.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Final updated pic of INGO build #64....DD Omega rail is on and had a Troy forward grip from an old build. What the heck, I'll throw it on there too.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Everyone posting about their first round builds just has me more excited to get my two from the second round! Hopefully they arrive early enough for me to put them in my Trust, otherwise I'll just go with a few others already in the safe.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If we could just get a better price on plain uppers through a group buy that would be great. Not sure if I want to do a carry handle A1 style, or a flat top with detachable carry handle though.

A1 style stock set, or one of the wood sets they make? Definitely a fixed stock either way.

Oh, I see why everyone likes ARs. So much variety. I need more disposable income.

Top Bottom