• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Saw 3 more deer yesterday morning. So far out of the 6 times I've been to the stand, I've seen at least 2 deer. Just nothing big enough too shoot. Hopefully the big one will come up soon.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Only been out 3 times this year. Twins keeping us too busy. Never seen anything to get to excited about in the field, this year anyway. Good luck to everyone else though.
    Saw a nice buck chasing a doe Friday,down the road,Wasnt where I hunt thou

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Had my first "buck chasing a doe" encounter tonight.

Had a doe come in a clear spot at 20 yards right behind my left shoulder, came to full draw as she was approaching and gave the ol "MEH" to stop her... and she kept on truckin. I let down and saw why she didn't stop, a little forker was on her tail. I knew he wasn't going to be what I used my buck tag on so I just watched them.

Then a 10 pt that was also following came into view but held up just short in some brush. I came to full draw hoping he'd follow, but never gave me a shot as the forker decided something was wrong and took off back the way they came.

Pretty cool hunt... 4 hours of sitting for 60 seconds of action.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Took this 9pt on 10/27, the first and only day I have been out this season. I had missed him earlier that morning at 35yds, but he came back several times and finally gave me a good shot at 20yds. Oh, and I had two other bucks bedded 20-30yds from me when I pulled the trigger on this one. I had deer all over me from just after light until 12:30 when I took this guy. I watched bucks make scrapes and rubs, spar around some, chase does, for 5 hours. It was the best day I have spent in a stand.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    awesome deer buckwacker!

Nothing but squirrels and turkeys in my woods this morning. I'll be back out again in a few hours with my son.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Saw the same small buck 3rd time this morning walk by me....Its just me and "jr." as I have named him in the woods. WABASH COUNTY, 100 miles N. of Indy. My son last Weds. is off work and goes out to the woods he is getting ready to build a house on next yr. Parks truck, makes a bonfire and standing there and here comes a 10 pt. buck up to within 25 yds of him!!! Its noon, and he doesn't have hos bow of course. Then the buck walks around him to get back on the road trail and walks away....son watches him go right by his stand....He said it never acted scared or worried about him or the fire, looked healthy and alert.....but crap.....is this buck sick or what? I'm wondering if it ain't got that blue tongue thing going on....

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    Trying my hardest to get ready for the season. I've still yet to find the perfect shotgun for me. I'm really fretting being just a couple of weeks away from opening day and not having my ducks in a row!

I've got everything BUT my shotgun. I had one lined up, mossberg 500 field/deer 12 gauge but they were out of stock when I went to go pick it up. :(

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    Thanks clf! Dick's had a great deal on them (scope included) for 349. I might wait until Thursday and see if they get any more, but if not I'll head down to franklin... that's only about a 20 minute drive for me.

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    I feel like I have a whole group helping me find the right gun now! Appreciate the help fellas, I'm going to check both places tomorrow.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Congrats buckwhacker. That's a nice buck for sure.

Hunted Friday night, all day Saturday and this morning. Saw a bunch of squirrels, a chipmunk or two (hard to tell those little buggers apart) and the biggest rabbit I've ever seen which I whiffed on. Zero deer though. I did finally see some corn coming down in the north fields. All the corn will be down by next weekend so hopefully more deer in the woods.

I'd like to get one more for the freezer before I have to shut it down for surgery.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Saw 7 antlerless, got one up pretty close. Picked a spot, drew and hit anchor (recurve guys can appreciate), held..............tried to thread the needle.
    Dinged a tree.

Arrow went over.

Tough shot, either a dead deer or dead tree. The latter has me rather steamed.

Passed on a button later, wide open and completely clueless. I don't shoot 'em anyway, but with that one so stupid, anybody killing it would be committing a sin.

Neighbor guy (not a beginner but not seasoned either) broke out the rattlin' antlers, constant hammering for 3 minutes. I tried to make my text to him funny and educational.

The baddest buck in the county wouldn't come in to such a battle royal ;)

7 antlerless seen (6 does- two big ones). 3 rabbits (one the Rosie O of rabbits, looked like a 4H escapee). I'm gonna get a couple of judos and see if I can't 'Widow one.

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    I ended up getting the Mossberg 500 Field/Deer combo brand new at Gander Mtn for $299 today. Just took a while to find the right deal!

Top Bottom