• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    For ease of finding, I will put this here as an addition to the INGO calendar and the Appleseed Web Site.

Current Full Weekend Events List:

Evansville, IN - Mar 27-28
    Cloverdale, IN - Apr 17-18
    Evansville, IN - Apr 17-18
    Fort Wayne, IN - Apr 17-18
    Riley, IN - Apr 24-25
    Cloverdale, IN - May 22-23 *LADIES ONLY EVENT!
    Cloverdale, IN - Jun 26-27
    Riley, IN - Jul 24-25
    Cloverdale, IN - Aug 21-22
    Evansville, IN - Aug 21-22
    Evansville, IN - Sep 25-26
    Cloverdale, IN - Oct 23-24
    Evansville, IN - Oct 23-24
    Evansville, IN - Nov 13-14
    Riley, IN - Nov 27-28

Current Mini List:

Cloverdale, Feb. 13
    Cloverdale, July 24
    Cloverdale, September 11
    Cloverdale, November 13

I will update this list as more shoots come on line. Both Full Seeds and Minis.

Last edited:

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Looks great. I'm hoping to make one of the Riley or Cloverdale shoots.

FYI -- a Riley full and Cloverdale mini are both scheduled on July 24 -- I doubt you'll be able to fill/staff both, right? :)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Looks great. I'm hoping to make one of the Riley or Cloverdale shoots.

FYI -- a Riley full and Cloverdale mini are both scheduled on July 24 -- I doubt you'll be able to fill/staff both, right? :)

Wrong. :) We've staffed multiple full shoots and a mini in the same day. Technically, we can do a full shoot with one full ("Red Hat") instructor, but I've only seen that done at a mini. We have lots of instructors in IN, many of whom are on INGO, but some are not. We also sometimes get instructors across state lines, too.. I know of regular crossover between us and IL and OH, and our "main event" April 18th shoot last year, the shoot boss drove here from California to help out in Lafayette.

I do not expect that need to present itself again. I have yet to attend or even hear of a shoot that did not have, in addition to the "red hat", several instructors in training, and our IITs are very safe, very dedicated volunteers. I have been fortunate enough to have the pleasure of working with many of them and I expect to continue doing so.

With all that said, I would hope we would have the problem of too many shoots to staff. It would mean that we had so many going on, our program is growing exponentially... which it already is, and we're keeping up just fine. ;)

Thanks for your concern. At present, it is misplaced, but once you come shoot with us, score Rifleman, you may feel free to ask for one of those nifty Orange Hats and help out if you wish! :)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Will add more shoots tonight. Should have 4 full weekend shoots on April 17-18!

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Please Note:

Cloverdale Mini scheduled for May 22 has been canceled.

A Ladies Only Appleseed will fill that weekend.

WBE3

Plinker
    Aug 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Appleseed is a something I would like to explore, but I don't know much about it. I've looked at the links, but I have a concern/question. I don't own a 22 rifle but a friend has offered to loan me his 22 magnum with a scope if I do this. Do you recommend borrowing a rifle to participate before going out and purchasing something I don't know much about? Thanks for input.

Phil502

Master
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I just spent Saturday at the Appleseed in Bonfield, Illinois. It was just great, I wish they had an Indiana one closer to me. I highly recommend these shoots to anyone who wants to learn from guys that know. It's very low pressure, except for the safety aspect, which is a good thing. The instructors were really good and nice people too.

Thanks Techres and WRWIII for the advice and helping me get my stuff together. I'll be going back, I had a great time. I even have a few friends that I am pretty sure would like to try it out.

Is there any plans to get something closer to Northwest Indiana?

Sorry guys, I did not realize this was in a sticky, move or remove, as you wish.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Glad to hear you had a great time!

Unfortunately, we don't have any current ranges in NWI, but if you know someone who has a little land and a willingness to allow it to be used as a designated Appleseed range, I doubt we would have any objection to setting up a shoot there.

Thanks for posting!

Blessings,
    Bill

I just spent Saturday at the Appleseed in Bonfield, Illinois. It was just great, I wish they had an Indiana one closer to me. I highly recommend these shoots to anyone who wants to learn from guys that know. It's very low pressure, except for the safety aspect, which is a good thing. The instructors were really good and nice people too.

Thanks Techres and WRWIII for the advice and helping me get my stuff together. I'll be going back, I had a great time. I even have a few friends that I am pretty sure would like to try it out.

Is there any plans to get something closer to Northwest Indiana?

Sorry guys, I did not realize this was in a sticky, move or remove, as you wish.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Looking for a 2011 schedule of Appleseed Events in Indiana.

Thanks

The best place to go is the Appleseed website, as it gets updated constantly as we add new ranges and dates.
    Appleseed Project - Search States

Hope to see you on the line soon! Next up is Atlanta at the end of January!

Or to this link: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/127666-official_2011_appleseed_calendar_link.html that Hawkhavn just posted and I just stuck here at the top of the forum. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom