• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Might there be some question on whether he should have used pepper spray or taser first? -snip.

Screw that. If he's in range for you to use either of those, he's in range to slice you to little bits. Shooting is the appropriate response. I've been stabbed. It hurts!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    A little harsh there E, thats no different than the basketball and black guys joke.

I'm not sure if I've heard that one...

It's part of the training.
    A "Double Tap" is used when the threat is imminent, and capable of causing severe bodily harm to the Officer or innocent Citizens.
    The Officer showed excellent training discipline by not emptying his weapon.
    Mike

HELL YEAH HE DID!

+1 for this officer.:yesway:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Always yelling about the symptom not the problem. The symptom is all the illegals that are here and how they damage this country in so many different ways. The problem is the corrupt government that endorsed and encouraged the invasion. The problem is the corrupt government that refuses to do anything about the problem. Cut off the head and the snake will die. Lets focus on getting the corrupt politicians that Lord over us the hell out and then ensure the ones that replace them start serving the interests of American citizens instead of their own greed.

Lets make a difference in the voting booth that the overlords can understand before its too late.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Always yelling about the symptom not the problem. The symptom is all the illegals that are here and how they damage this country in so many different ways. The problem is the corrupt government that endorsed and encouraged the invasion. The problem is the corrupt government that refuses to do anything about the problem. Cut off the head and the snake will die. Lets focus on getting the corrupt politicians that Lord over us the hell out and then ensure the ones that replace them start serving the interests of American citizens instead of their own greed.

Lets make a difference in the voting booth that the overlords can understand before its too late.

I disagree. This is bigger than "immigrants" (the article does not say legal or illegal). The same thing happens with citizens as well. Take for example the church here in Indy that set up a "mock fight" to see how the officer would react. Rioting is not uncommon (though it is less common here in the US than France). What is the motivation for people to riot when they don't get what they want? In this case this community specifically asked these officers for help, the officers were attacked, they responded in kind.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    you definitely don't try to use less-than-lethal force unless you're Chuck Norris or his equivalent.

Wait.... are you suggesting Chuck Norris has an equivalent?! If so then I call :bs:

It's part of the training.
    A "Double Tap" is used when the threat is imminent, and capable of causing severe bodily harm to the Officer or innocent Citizens.
    The Officer showed excellent training discipline by not emptying his weapon.
    Mike

I agree, good shoot in a bad situation and yet the Mexican insurgents riot...

If they are illegal the article would have surely said so wouldn't it ?

Wait what? Did you forget to color this sentence purple? You think the media is going to use the term Illegal when they're the ones who popularized the term "undocumented"?

Screw that. If he's in range for you to use either of those, he's in range to slice you to little bits. Shooting is the appropriate response. I've been stabbed. It hurts!

Put yourself in the LEO's position.

That will answer the question.

Sadly NHV, most people can't put themselves into any position that hasn't already happened to them.

Sad but true, our society is so narrow minded and self centered that0 no one's safety but their own ever enters their consciousness...and even then many people fail to ever fully grasp the relative frailty of their own safety.

This is a point that generally whoosh's over Joe Q. Public's head. If anyone doesn't believe me, just look at the following post....

I disagree. This is bigger than "immigrants" (the article does not say legal or illegal). The same thing happens with citizens as well.

You're disagreeing with TopDog yet you two are saying the same thing. I think you should re-read his post and think about it for a little while.

Take for example the church here in Indy that set up a "mock fight" to see how the officer would react. Rioting is not uncommon (though it is less common here in the US than France). What is the motivation for people to riot when they don't get what they want? In this case this community specifically asked these officers for help, the officers were attacked, they responded in kind.

1. I'd like to see some info about this church..... I've not heard of this.

2. Again, this occurs because of a larger problem, our societal views on personal responsibility. Because our government has allowed people to hand over their entire welfare over to the federal government for multiple generations now, many people don't know anything about personal responsibility for their actions.

Many people in our society today know is when you need help, you go to the welfare office, they give you an apartment, food exchange currency and maybe even a monthly paycheck and you don't have to do anything for it.

In today's society, many think if you act like a fool, the police might take you to jail, depends on what you get caught doing. If you're caught smoking some weed, you just get a ticket and have to go to court and get yelled at and maybe put on probation. This totally ruins their busy day of Playstation/Xbox/nintendo gaming.

So many citizens who walk the legal line don't even understand that they should EXPECT to go to jail if they cross it, they think they're fully justified in their outrage that police actually perform their duty.

Tangential point of interest:

I bet we could decrease our overall crime rate and welfare expenses by 30% in this state/country if we simply instituted a law that says something along the lines of :

If you're convicted of a class A misdemeanor or a felony, you no longer qualify for financial assistance from the federal or state government for a period equal to your incarceration/probation/parole which starts after you have completed all of your "time served" requirements (IE: Your ineligibility timer doesn't start until you're out of jail/off probation/parole).

If you don't do time, you don't lose your benefits. However, all illegal substance and alcohol related charges get moved to Class A misdemeanor at minimum.

In addition, 3 misdemeanor convictions of any class also revokes your state/federal benefit qualifications for a period equal to ALL of your incarceration/parole/probation time combined.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    When I was a little boy I learned that cops have guns. When I was in high school I learned you don't bring a knife to a gunfight. I also learned not to do it with a cop, who has a gun. When I was an adult I learned not to bring a knife to a gunfight with a cop after you've been drinking heavily. What do they teach in the Gutamalan schools these days?

The illegals are pissed off because a racists cop named Frank Hernandez killed a knife-wielding drunk illegal criminal named Manuel Jamines. How the hell does that work?

Manuel, there's a special place in Hell between communists and pedophiles for men who try to kill a pregnant woman. I hope you're on your way there right now. Let this be a wakeup call to all illegals. Screw with us and die.

++++++++++++++++++1 for officer Hernandez. LAPD needs to put more officers on bikes with more guns and less tazers and pepper spray.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Oh, c'mon, Semper! His friends said that he had only been here illegally for six years and only liked to "get into his cups" on the weekends. He never threatened anyone before. How could he be a danger to anyone?**

**Apply purple text where necessary

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Kudos to the cop for putting down a felon in the act of attacking him.

Only 2 shots? WOW! Not sure how I'd react in that situation (hope I never have to) but I'm pretty confident there'd be more than 2 shots fired!

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    You're disagreeing with TopDog yet you two are saying the same thing. I think you should re-read his post and think about it for a little while.

1. I'd like to see some info about this church..... I've not heard of this.

2. Again, this occurs because of a larger problem, our societal views on personal responsibility. Because our government has allowed people to hand over their entire welfare over to the federal government for multiple generations now, many people don't know anything about personal responsibility for their actions.

Many people in our society today know is when you need help, you go to the welfare office, they give you an apartment, food exchange currency and maybe even a monthly paycheck and you don't have to do anything for it.

In today's society, many think if you act like a fool, the police might take you to jail, depends on what you get caught doing. If you're caught smoking some weed, you just get a ticket and have to go to court and get yelled at and maybe put on probation. This totally ruins their busy day of Playstation/Xbox/nintendo gaming.

So many citizens who walk the legal line don't even understand that they should EXPECT to go to jail if they cross it, they think they're fully justified in their outrage that police actually perform their duty.

Yes, thank you, I know how to read and think. The only similar point I have in connection with TD is that "government ..... refuses to do anything about the problem"

I am discussing the ISSUE, you know, the thing addressed at the beginning of the thread. TD has gone off on some anti-illegal tangent. While I agree with him on the that. I am trying to frame this into a bigger picture than a "i despise illegals" thread.

I agree with your second point to a degree. There is no personal responsibility, granted. But are you saying that we shouldn't expect the police to come when we ask for help? Because in respect to THIS INCIDENT, I think the right level of governmental involvement occurred. The police were asked for help, they responded, saved a pregnant woman, were attacked, responded, result-dude died. Preventable, yes. The guy should have known better than to charge an armed officer with a knife (or anyone for that matter). This is basically the problem in a nutshell. The community doesn't want the knife-wielding drunk to be responsible for his actions. In that respect we are in sync. But you to want to make this a thread about immigration.

can I please state.....THIS IS NOT ABOUT IMMIGRATION!!!!

This is about the aspects of personal and communal responsibility that you do discuss. This man is responsible for his drunkenness, threatening another human being, charging the police with a knife...he got what his actions deserved. The community asked for help, they allowed this man to get out of control (his friends, family, etc) .....their actions got a response. The problem is that they feel that neither they nor the man should have to pay those consequences....so they make another choice to go and repeat the error of the dead man. Not wise.

Please, before you go telling me how ignorant I am, keep in mind what the original discussion was about. The immigration issue is the tangent.

At this point, I could care less whether they were immigrants at all (illegal or otherwise).

As to the church thing, some of the discussion is:https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...he_chief_might_stand_up_for_the_officers.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/0...ng-man-protest-turns-violent/?test=latestnewsImmigrants begin rioting, "Some protesters pushed rolling metal trash bins at officers and tossed household items from apartment buildings. People were throwing televisions, air conditioning units, miscellaneous furniture and other objects from the windows."

You gotta love these "peaceful" demonstrators.

Lets recap: Police officer comes to the aid of "citizens" in fear of their life, is attacked, responds by firing twice (not excessive), gets repaid by same community with rioting. Lovely.

Primarily I would like to have a discussion regarding the perceived need for rioting in order to get want you want....not whats right, not whats fair....what you want. How is this kind of action justified by people who are desirous of the truth? It tells you, primarily, that these people don't seem to care what the truth is. They care about solidarity. I intentionally left out the "racial status" of the immigrant neighborhood (though it can be found in the article) because it is irrelevant. The discussion is about mob action.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Sadly NHV, most people can't put themselves into any position that hasn't already happened to them.

Sad but true, our society is so narrow minded and self centered that0 no one's safety but their own ever enters their consciousness...and even then many people fail to ever fully grasp the relative frailty of their own safety.

Correct. One can have no idea the fear of someone holding a knife, who seeks to do you harm, can give.

Usually the reason, I find defending criminals so amusing from liberal and quite illogical.

As far as the rioting is concerned, call it the joys of third world culture coming into ours

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Why mention immigrant at all? It has nothing to do with either the initial incident or subsequent rioting. Why mention it? Because it sells papers and gets site hits. It's a hot button issue and is sure to stir up emotions. One man is dead and another is having to deal with killing him.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    see another perfect oportunity to roll out the nets and catch them then deport them, just thrown away. how about throwing grenades back? sounds like an illegal army was attacking some police. I say let them take out the threat completely.

its not too hard to draw them out. all you have to do is set up some chainlink fence in the middle of a field. they cant resist not climbing it. easier than a "to catch a predator" bust .

LMAO.....seriously, I'm risking a heart attack from laughing so hard.

steepo17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    NE Indpls
    can I please state.....THIS IS NOT ABOUT IMMIGRATION!!!!

I disagree; this particular story has a lot to do with immigration. I believe this mob was attempting to exploit the coverage that the illegal immigration issue has received over the past several months. Further, I think if these illegals would take the time to pursue citizenship, they may learn how our legal system works and what is/isn't appropriate with respect to responding to a law enforcement officer. Evidently in Guatemala, it's customary to pull a knife on police - well, he learned the hard way that this would not be tolerated here.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    lol, ease back guys. The paper offered no data either way on the legal status of the man or anyone else in the story. My point was, they knew it was a hot button so that's why they titled that article in that manner. They could just as easily said it was a drunk man and left it at that.

Top Bottom