• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ebrueckmann

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I wanted to ask if anyone knows of any public land suitable for a little off roading in Zionsville. I thought that I had heard about a gravel pit somewhere... Thanks in advance.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Legal public access? No. Legal private access? Sure. Just get permission from the owner first. Otherwise it is trespassing. Please don't undo all of my hard work.....

Closest legal place is The Badlands out in Attica. Great place! Whatcha wheeling?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Badlands has sand, mud, creek, more mud, stinky mud, fowl smelling mud, hills, what else do you need. Did I mention some mud holes stink really bad?

Compared to Redbird, they are aromatic little puddles!

But yeah, Badlands has it all. Great for everyone... n00bs to nutjobs!

Yet another side note for the OP: you are pretty close to where our little club meets. Check out JPFrog (link in my sig) if you are looking for a group to wheel with. We just hit the Badlands a couple of weekends ago. Not sure when the next outing is.

A-savvy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Compared to Redbird, they are aromatic little puddles!

But yeah, Badlands has it all. Great for everyone... n00bs to nutjobs!

Yet another side note for the OP: you are pretty close to where our little club meets. Check out JPFrog (link in my sig) if you are looking for a group to wheel with. We just hit the Badlands a couple of weekends ago. Not sure when the next outing is.

Side note: Indiana has 4 offroad "parks".

Private:
    Badlands - Badlands Home
    Haspin Acres - Haspin Acres | Off-Road & Motocross Park in Laurel, Indiana

Public:
    Redbird SRA - DNR: Redbird State Recreation Area
    Interlake SRA - DNR: Interlake State Recreation Area
    Do you need a roll cage if you have a stock truck at Badlands. I assume you don't if you have a roof but there web site wasn't very clear. I am new to off-roading in Indiana. Thanks

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Do you need a roll cage if you have a stock truck at Badlands. I assume you don't if you have a roof but there web site wasn't very clear. I am new to off-roading in Indiana. Thanks

Steel roof or bar/cage over all passengers.

Make sure you have recovery points front and rear, too. Makes it easier for us Jeeps to pull you out. :D

A-savvy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Steel roof or bar/cage over all passengers.

Make sure you have recovery points front and rear, too. Makes it easier for us Jeeps to pull you out. :D
    I have recovery points in front and rear. Thanks for the info, I'm definitely going to have to go over to the Badlands and try and get stuck. its not to far from where I live.

bthacker24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    i've lived in zionsville my whole life, i don't know of anywhere around here that is a public offroading place

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    I bet your thinking of beaver rock quary. It used to be a place people went to wheel. But with all the illegal dumping and general jackassery it has been shut down for a wile now. Its a no go. DNR patrolles it regularly and they will impound your rig.

Crappiepro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    North East Vigo County
    I ride a quad at the Bad Land's. All I can say is watch the mud hole's! We there 2 summer's ago and the holes were dry and DEEP!, a jeep would set right down inside them LOL. Then we rode there that next spring and those hole's were full of water. Thats a great place to ride but you have to beware of what your doing LOL!

Clay319

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Boone County
    Think twice before you consider Haspin. That place has been run into the ground by heavy usage over past 30 years. I used to race motorcycles there back in the 80s and it was pretty nice. Now it is way too busy and way too much beer drinking going on.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom