• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Okay, I know there's quite a few of us out there, so I figured I would ask. I'm a right handed, left eye dominant shooter. No matter what I do when I shoot right handed my shots are a little to the left, but when I shoot left handed my shots are centered better. I can shoot left handed but the right hand feels awkward like that. Any ideas on how to correct either the shooting off center or placement of the right hand?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm just a wee right handed, but very left eye dominant, so no problem, I use the wrong hand. I've trained with both, but my EDC sits at my 8. You should see the hell my trigger finger has gone through over the years, but it still works.

GSXR883

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2012
    I'm right handed and left eye dom. I don't shoot off handed very much. But I might try it now after reading these posts. Very interesting.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    me too.....

i shot lots of clay birds, like 30k being right/left dominant and got to reading up on the people that pro coaches taught. they said to become as natural shooting left/left dominant you have to double what you already shot to be totally comfortable on "wrong" side. for me 60k birds is out of the question so i still shoot right/ left dominant....daryll

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Sounds like your right trigger finger is maybe too far over the trigger. I don't see how the other eye could make you miss if it is closed, but I'm no Opthamologist. Try finding a right hand grip that forces you to only use the tip of your index finger, barely including last knuckle. Good luck!

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I am fairly left eye dominant/right handed and I really find that using different shooting "holds" or whatever helps me alot...I frequently find myself crossing my chin over my right arm to use my "sighting" eye.

Isosceles stance/form/hold really helps...another old timer also told me to put vaseline on the lense of my safety glasses...just enough to distract my left eye....so i can train my right eye to become dominant.

If all else fails...get adjustable sights.

God bless
    -Shred

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Sounds like your right trigger finger is maybe too far over the trigger. I don't see how the other eye could make you miss if it is closed, but I'm no Opthamologist. Try finding a right hand grip that forces you to only use the tip of your index finger, barely including last knuckle. Good luck!

I shoot with both eyes open and it seems like that's when my shots are off. I doubt I'll be able to find a grip that does that considering I carry a single stack 9mm. But I will give that a try.

I will try everything mentioned and see if that helps. My nephew is the same way and shoots his Nerf guns left handed, so we'll see how he handles a real gun in a couple of years.

Top Bottom