• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Tried Hellas Lager, Smoked Hellas Lager, Oktoberfest, Schwartzbier, American Porter.

In Order of Likes:

Schwartzbier, Smoked Hellas Lager, Oktoberfest, Hellas Lager, American Porter.

My general preferences are porters and stouts so liking Lagers aheed of the Porter says something.

I would order again the first 2.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Coffee for me, thanks... ;)

1725586810052.png

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    You should give them another try. No fruit is in German beer. It's the law!

The provisional Beer Law of 1993 was passed to ease the strict rules of the German Beer Purity Law. The law is more of a modification of the German Beer Purity Law. The new regulations accommodated water, hops, malted barley, yeast, hop extract, and malted grains. The laws also accommodated the used of pure sugar for coloring and flavoring of the beer. A fining agent like PVPP was also allowed as an ingredient for the brewing of beers in the country. A 2015 court ruling allowed the use of other ingredients and flavoring as long as the product is not labeled as "beer."
    IMG_2545.jpeg

I picked up this gift set for a buddy today. Their Festbier is my top Oktoberfest beer, however I didn’t pick any up yet. $15/6er is rough on the budget even for something special - cause I (try to) drink this stuff like they do over there lol

Attachments

• IMG_2546.jpeg
      IMG_2546.jpeg
      467 KB · Views: 0

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    3 Floyd's Oktoberfest bier is good. Fest bier in Deutschland isn't anything special.. They figure you aren't really gonna taste it after the first one or two anyway.
    At least they don't put grapefruit in it.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have always enjoyed Upland's Octoberfest.

Best I've had, shockingly, was Lowenbrau Octoberfest. I had always thought of Lowenbrau as bottom tier beer. Had it at Epcot in the German pavilion years ago. They were flying in multiple kegs daily from Germany for the month of October and it was magical. Or maybe it was just the 1 liter mugs they were serving it in that made it magical? :dunno:

Top Bottom