• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    I havent showered since last Saturday ,been eatting beans since saturday (real cowboy) and plan on having boiled cabbage wednesday and fried cabbage thursday so i'll be good to go!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    He would make a deal with another FFL dealer to do the transfers at the show. I've seen it done before. The shipping is him physically carrying it to the Indiana dealer who then does the paperwork.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    He would make a deal with another FFL dealer to do the transfers at the show. I've seen it done before. The shipping is him physically carrying it to the Indiana dealer who then does the paperwork.

One would think that an out of state dealer would have this figured out and be prepared to do it. Not in my experience.

I had a "done deal" with price agreed to and cash in my hand. I was ready, pen in hand, for paperwork. Then the KY dealer explained how I'd buy it from him at the show so he could take it back to his KY shop to transfer to my local FFL. Needless to say, that didn't happen. :n00b:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I planed on going, but I guarantee it's going to be a mad house. I think I'll skip this one.

You're probably right. So, given that not everybody can get off work on Friday to attend, that's when I'm going. I plan to drive down, have lunch with the spousal unit, she'll drop me off at the fairgrounds and she can head to the Fashion Mall or wherever.

Since I'm not looking to buy anything of significance (except an INGO hat or shirt, of course), I'll just be milling around, trying to not drool over stuff.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    You're probably right. So, given that not everybody can get off work on Friday to attend, that's when I'm going. I plan to drive down, have lunch with the spousal unit, she'll drop me off at the fairgrounds and she can head to the Fashion Mall or wherever.

Since I'm not looking to buy anything of significance (except an INGO hat or shirt, of course), I'll just be milling around, trying to not drool over stuff.

Those are my thoughts exactly. I'll be there at 2pm on Friday to avoid *some* of the crowd. I'm also not really going for anything besides a few small dollar items. The only difference being my girlfriend is actually looking forward to going ha. How'd I luck out with that one?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    If the amount of skids of ammo is any indication of the amount of people they are truly expecting this will be a very busy show. I saw one vendor push in at least 7 skids.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I have been going to Gun shows for over 50 years now. I am never too old to get the wants for new things. I have years of accumulated Pa gun stuff. Now is the time to start my Indy collection. LOL

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    The wife and I will swing by today about 3:30. If there is a long line, we will just keep on driving. Probably head down to ITP and do some shooting instead.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Holy cow, was I ever wrong! I got to the 1500 in a windy drizzle, about 45 minutes after it opened, and got in line. The freakin' line went the length of the building AND wrapped around to the entrance! I guess the unemployment situation in IN is worse than I thought.

The place was big and crowded. I can only imagine what a madhouse Sat and Sun will be.

I did get to see a few dream guns -- an LWRC R.E.P.R. and some nifty Kimbers. However, I restricted myself to a holster, a tac light, a couple of spare mags, and a case of 9mm ammo. Looked long and hard at a Trijicon ACOG for my son, but as I expected, he was only interested in having me buy it for him. The concept of paying me back for it was less palatable to him. :rolleyes:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I hear there will be showers set up right next to the sand barrels.

I found the perfect shower head for them to install outside the building. I think it is very appropriate for the crowd that would be using it.

gas-mask-shower-head.jpg

Top Bottom