OCers, what level of retention holster do you use?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OCers ONLY!!! What level of retention do you use?

• Total voters

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    I'm getting closer and closer to OCing, for now I stick with PPCC (Pretty Poor Conceal Carry) because I only have a cheap leather OWB holster with no retention device. So I'm curious, what level of retention holster is used by those who actually OC as part of their casual life on a regular basis?

jsheets1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Portage NWI
    I carry my blackhawk serpa, usually on the belt not the paddle. It is a level 2. Lately it has been getting bad rep but I still like it and haven't had a single issue. You could always look into safariland holsters which are pretty nice. Find something comfortable is the best option. Retention isn't mandatory btw, but I still like to have it.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    LOL, -1 to me! I couldn't even make a bad joke without getting my words mixed up.

"-1, I carry a Glock in my hand with my trigger on the finger! One can never be too ready!"

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Current holster (Fobus) has no retention, other than the "snap" holding the trigger guard.

I'm going to finally pick up a nice leather pancake holster, and have been debating on having a thumb-break or not.

glockpatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Blade-Tech Holster's, with adjustable retention, on a CrossBreed Belt. :patriot::draw:

Last edited:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Depending on the firearm I am carrying, it is either a Fobus paddle or a Galco Leather.

If you are carrying a larger firearm, a good heavyweight belt is a good idea too.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I had thought about a Serpa holster but after reading about all the high speed low drag guys saying the design is flawed and it will make me shoot myself in the leg I decided against it. Because when I strap it on I will forget everything I once knew about gun handling and safety. We all know that the only thing I can use my trigger finger for is pulling the trigger. Anything else is too dangerous.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I carry my P250 in a Desantis Viper. I would classifiy it is level two, if you classify a Fobus as a level one. It has a thumb-break, and it holds my gun very well, yet does not impede the draw at all.

jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    I carry my blackhawk serpa, usually on the belt not the paddle. It is a level 2. Lately it has been getting bad rep but I still like it and haven't had a single issue. You could always look into safariland holsters which are pretty nice. Find something comfortable is the best option. Retention isn't mandatory btw, but I still like to have it.

I carry the same one, what bad rep have they been getting. I love mine.

Top Bottom