• ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    This will probably be unpopular, but...

What happens when one of the people the are "protecting" breaks a law and is subject to arrest. Are they going to try to stop the police? So then they step in with their over inflated sense of ability and it escalates.. Then, somehow a shot gets fired, which leads to 500 shots getting fired... Nice.

Seems to me if the people were being peaceful and strictly in accordance with the constitution there is no need for some mall ninjas decked out with their rifles.. PS.. That camo doesn't seem to be working very well. I still see him. :D

Your "what if" could happen regardless of people OC'ing rifles or CC'ing pistols, or knives or even rocks and bricks.

If people want to escalate violence, they will with whatever they have at hand, and people will probably die. The only difference is how many.

You also assume that a peaceful protest won't be forcefully broken up.

Should we just roll over and take it?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    it's a little to :mallninja: for me.

However they need to be careful because they are walking a fine line of impersonating a .gov employee which is illegal if I remember correctly.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I like what they're doing, but it's a little bit over the top for me to ever do it. I like how he's got his back to the crowd and facing the cops, but at the same time I think the guys trying to reinforce and support the 2nd ammendment at a function where it's probably not going to be "as" well received. I just see too many bad things that could go wrong with this, but I'm glad this feels comfortable doing what they are doing.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    May we are assume there are more than just one of these guys posturing with a weapon at this protest? If not, it's a bit of an empty gesture, as it just gives the cops an "excuse" to respond with deadly force if violence breaks out - no matter who starts it. Can't disagree with the idea in principle, but strategically and tactically it seems like a stupid idea, unless someone is trolling for a violent incident.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I feel like they are just re-inforcing the first ammendment and adding the 2nd to it as well. They didn't state one way or the other as to supporting OWS or not. They just wanted to exorcise their 2nd am. rights with the others. sort of a "join" in my opinion.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    its amazing at how well the jbts acted when they had some people willing to stand up to them.
    I saw no JBT's in that video. I DID SEE some of my brothers in blue acting professionally. It's kinda what we do. Demonstrations go down like that daily across the USA, but those are not interesting for news. No one would have known how peaceful this one was had it not been for this citizen filming it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    +1 to these guys for exercising their rights.

+1 to the local PD it appears too, nice to see them out there with bicycles instead of riot gear.
    Actually we do not don our "turtle gear" until it starts going south. As a rule, we will just monitor the crowd, the gear is never too far away from us though. It is truly a rare time that we actually have to gear up.

BrianJacobsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Carthage
    I'm not a fan of the Southern Poverty Law Center, but this is what they have posted about J.T. Ready:

J.T. Ready | Southern Poverty Law Center

I agree, the SPLC should always be taken with a grain of salt as their job apparently is calling people Nazi's. I used to be part of the Minutemen and I knew all kinds of people the SPLC called Nazi's whoi definitely weren't, then again, Mr. Ready does appear to bo one, so you takes your chances I suppose.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    May we are assume there are more than just one of these guys posturing with a weapon at this protest? If not, it's a bit of an empty gesture, as it just gives the cops an "excuse" to respond with deadly force if violence breaks out - no matter who starts it. Can't disagree with the idea in principle, but strategically and tactically it seems like a stupid idea, unless someone is trolling for a violent incident.

He is part of a group that was there in camo with rifles facing the LEOs with their backs to the crowd expect for one of their guys facing the crowd to make sure they did not get hit from behind.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    He is part of a group that was there in camo with rifles facing the LEOs with their backs to the crowd expect for one of their guys facing the crowd to make sure they did not get hit from behind.

I think that some of those big tough looking nazi guys, actually like it from behind.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I can't help but remember a bunch liberal bedwetters crying about people showing up to Tea Party rallies armed.

Where are those ******* hypocrites now?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Liberals are allowed to act out that is what they do.

Sounds as though some here stand in solidarity with Occupy. BHO, the NAZI party and the Communist party.

Do you want your student loans forgiven too.

Idano maybe my sarcasm detector needs adjustment.

BTW. Is everyone who OC's a good guy. Sorry don't wan't to question anyone's Religion.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    What I thought was funny was that the guy(s) who was/were standing there in the camo & holding AR's were completely oblivious to the fact that some LE sniper(s) probably had him/them in their scope's cross-hairs the whole time.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    I say good for them. Now maybe if more did it would we have police brutality. Btw is this the same guy who is on the border too doing what our govt shoud be doin?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Liberals are allowed to act out that is what they do.

Sounds as though some here stand in solidarity with Occupy. BHO, the NAZI party and the Communist party.

Do you want your student loans forgiven too.

Idano maybe my sarcasm detector needs adjustment.

BTW. Is everyone who OC's a good guy. Sorry don't wan't to question anyone's Religion.

I would gladly defend the right of anyone who wishes to speak peaceably, whether I agree with them or not. I would never agree with the Occupiers, nor make any statement or inference that I did so, but I would defend their rights.

Top Bottom