• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I ran into a LTCH holder at Speedway gas today open carrying what I thought was a CZ75. I thanked him for exercises his 2a, then as he was walking away, noticed he didn't have a magazine in the gun. Ever witnessed this? I wonder if there are some people under the misconception that this is Cali?

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    In Cali, or maybe he just had mad ninja skills and could line up all possible attackers and take one precise shot with the chambered round to drop them all. Wonder if he knew it was lacking the mag, or if he got out of his car wondering what the thud was as he stood up?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hopefully he is aware of this and the mag did'nt pop out when he was sitting down somewhere and he did'nt realize it. I've heard stories of that happening before. Either way it's not good.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Heck you can't even do that in Cali anymore.

Tough call on whether you say something about that or not. How does one bring that up. "Uhh.., Excuse me sir, but I think you are missing your magazine....?"

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Maybe he's trying to get used to carrying before he starts carrying loaded? Members here often give that advice to new carriers.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    What you found was the "assault me first" decoy. The REAL OCer was properly concealed and was ready to strike down any assailant who would target the decoy first.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Heck you can't even do that in Cali anymore.

Tough call on whether you say something about that or not. How does one bring that up. "Uhh.., Excuse me sir, but I think you are missing your magazine....?"

Heck, it's no different than saying--"Hey, your fly's open"

You were already talking guns when you discussed 2A. Not much of a stretch to stop him as he's walking away and say "Hey, you're fly's open"

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hopefully he is aware of this and the mag did'nt pop out when he was sitting down somewhere and he did'nt realize it. I've heard stories of that happening before. Either way it's not good.

If he lost it by accident it shows how important it is to carry a second magazine (or more).
    Not some much for the extra ammo but in case your semi-auto becomes a single shot gun (if he had one in the chamber) when you lose your magazine.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Real OCer was concealed? Real OCer doesn't conceal... Everyone knows that. Wait til ATM shows up... :D

No, the OCer was concealing himself. You don't see snipers with IWB holsters for their rifles. Same goes for this setup. If there was a AIR/VACUUM pump slowly moving sideways you'd have your man.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I sometimes CC my spare mag. That way, after the first 20 rounds, I can regain the element of surprise if need be. ;)

Rumors of my pending vegetarianism have been greatly exaggerated. :):

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I sometimes CC my spare mag. That way, after the first 20 rounds, I can regain the element of surprise if need be. ;)

Rumors of my pending vegetarianism have been greatly exaggerated. :):

They do make vegetarian bacon. :D

SmartBacon.jpg

Top Bottom