• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you OC with a horizontal shoulder holster

• Total voters

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I dont really get what you're saying. From your first post it seemed (to me) that you would be fine with OCing a shoulder holster because the gun is safely holstered (which is true).
    I was saying that although I know the gun is safe in its holster I still wouldn't want to see a gun pointing right at me.

You're still agreeing with me 100%.
    1: You agree that it's safe.
    2: You still don't like it

My first post says:
    1:If it's properly holstered(good holster, trigger covered, etc) it's not going to go off.
    2:The problem is between other people's ears.

ztrtech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    greenwood
    I had had wanted one to cc with but after attending the Utah class I changed my mind. Our instructor said that a shoulder rig "could" open you up to legal problems due to sweeping bystanders if you had to draw your weapon. I know if you train with a holster it should not be an issue as far as A.D., but even in a stressful situation i suppose an A.D. could happen. Just my :twocents:

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Is your name Crockett or Tubbs?!
    Are you a Member of Miami Police Department Vice?!

If you answered No to each of the above questions then you must fit in the "other" category....

Wow tough crowd!!! :boxing:

Nope just wanted to carry at work concealed and was able to carry "more" concealed this way while wearing a jacket. Still use it at times for wedding and funerals....................and at the beach! :pimp:

The Glockantuan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    The only place i've ever OC'd with my Galco Jackass rig was to the range at Applied Ballistics. The wonderful staff there didn't even mention anything about it. There were people behind me but I didn't pay any attention to if thye were bothered. Afterward, I went to a self car-wash and washed my car; still OC'ing. I even had to pass another customer when I was looking for the coin machine. No problems.

Still not sure if and when I might muster the courage to carry that other places; but I really would love to be able to. :rockwoot:

slyton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Albany
    I OC the shoulder rig, mostly because I can't carry at work and find it easier to slip on/off the shoulder rig than trying to take the off WB holster. As said, if properly secure i don't worry about flagging people with the muzzle.

and yes I am member of Miami Vice, See, Look at my badge it came in a cracker jack box

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    So, I'm sitting here putting off studying for as long as I can and got to messing around in my Box-o-Holsters. I pulled out a shoulder rig I haven't worn for a while and decided to where it around the house for :poop: and :):...and I got to thinking...

Would you guys who OC consider OC-ing with a shoulder rig that keeps the pistol horizontal? The reason I ask is because anyone standing behind you will be in direct line with the muzzle. Now, I know CC-ing a shoulder rig is no different, but at least someone standing in line behind you at the gas station doesn't KNOW they have a gun pointed at their chest.

I have absolutely nothing against OC even though I very rarely do it (twice actually) however I would just not feel comfortable walking around with the general public seeing my gun pointed directly at them. What do you guys think?

I would OC...but only with a vertical rig.....I wouldn't use a horizontal rig to start with.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    For the simple reason that most people can't draw from the shoulder rather than from the hip, with good speed, would be enough to put me off from doing it. Isn't a shoulder rig meant for CC? If you're making a statement fine, but why sacrifice safety?

If speed of draw is your biggest concern...then a western style rig is your best bet. With your gun located close to your natural hand position.

They aren't always the most safe, however.

174.jpg

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have a VERTICAL shoulder holster for my 1860 Army that I wear in the woods and stuff. Did have a Cimmarron Mod. P that I carried in it. Even if I wanted to use a horizontal shoulder holster it wouldn't have worked. Way to long of handguns to carry horizontal and I don't feel comfortable muzzle sweeping peoples crotches since I'm a crippie boy.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I voted no. I know it's safe, but if I'm standing behind somebody I don't like looking down his barrel. Sorry, that's just how it is. I don't like looking down barrels.

Besides, I like a vertical rig better anyway. They look better - particularly with 1911s and HiPowers.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I have OC'd a few time with my vertical shoulder holster holding my 6" S&W 686. Not sure it would work very well in a horizontal. But I would have no problem with it. If I am CCing it the gun is still sweeping people they just do not see it.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I've owned a horizontal shoulder rig for years, and just wore it openly to the meet and greet in Nashville last Saturday. I carry my 1911 in it and have never had a problem with it, but having said that 99% of the time I wear a jacket over it and don't carry the 1911 in condition 1 in that rig.

Top Bottom