• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No audio. But comments by woman who seems to be GF or wife.
    [video=youtube;nCTezGsbjjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCTezGsbjjM[/video]

Sorry I just noticed the date.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    People suck

edit: no big deal about the date... I hadn't seen it; I wonder if he's on INGO!?

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I haven't seen this one either. I was a little concerned about how long it took for him to be verified and then I noticed the time signature on the video. I guess it felt longer than it actually was. I'm glad it ended well.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Hadn't seen this, but I'm not shocked that it happened. The few times I OC each year, the questions I get from teens running the cash register or the looks I get from other patrons do tickle me. I try using them as a learning experience / teaching moment. There are some that don't end well, but the others tend to get even more upset by my not raising my voice and not getting emotional, expecting me to fit their mental cookie cutter image of a hothead gun guy. Later, I just laugh about the encounter & pray for them.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Right in my back yard! Doesn't surprise me honestly. Obviously I'm all for gun rights, but sometimes it is just best to Conceal Carry to avoid all the hubbub...:yesway:

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    We have treated you like a criminal for 5 minutes.. "Have a good one".. This is the main reason I CC. No one knows, no one calls in a MWAG. I go about my merry way shopping and armed at the same time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Right in my back yard! Doesn't surprise me honestly. Obviously I'm all for gun rights, but sometimes it is just best to Conceal Carry to avoid all the hubbub...:yesway:

We have treated you like a criminal for 5 minutes.. "Have a good one".. This is the main reason I CC. No one knows, no one calls in a MWAG. I go about my merry way shopping and armed at the same time.

CCing is not Invisible.
    This can still happen to you.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    IIRC, once you show them the pink paper, that's pretty much it. They can call to confirm that it's good, but no need for drivers license after you show you are licensed. That's my biggest issue with this vid. After he shows the LTCH, that's it, all done, time to go.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I don't have the qualifications to write on the subject, but it seems like this would be a good subject to write about for law enforcement magazines. We need to constantly need to get the message out that MWAG calls do not necessarily justify a police response. The thing I keep hearing over and over in these stories is police saying they are required to respond to such calls. That is all perception and not reality.

I have never heard of an instance where someone calls 911 to report MWAG, only to be calmed down over the phone by the dispatcher and explained that there is no actual crime being committed.

One of these days, maybe we will get there, but it will take a lot of education of police officers and dispatchers, as well as departmental policy changes.

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    If this were ever to happen to an l.t.c.h. holder in good standing, refuse to give them your D.L. , see what transpires , and have Guy Relfords # on your speed dial

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    If this were ever to happen to an l.t.c.h. holder in good standing, refuse to give them your D.L. , see what transpires , and have Guy Relfords # on your speed dial

Last time I did it they got a little pissy called a supervisor, then I gave them my name and address AGAIN. Asked if I was being detained further and was allowed to leave. And your point was?

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    CCing is not Invisible.
    This can still happen to you.

I completely understand that. But let's be honest, it is MUCH less likely. Someone would have to be looking for a CCer, and know what to look for. (Most Leftist sheeple don't know what to look for)

Generally speaking, if you open carry in crowded public places, you are just asking for trouble. It's totally fine if you are politely and intelligently trying to make a point about our 2nd Amendment rights. Just don't get too upset when you get hassled by other customers, employees, and the police. Also, don't be surprised if said police officers give you hard time because you decide to video tape them and put them on YouTube. (it certainly would be aggravating if you or I were put in that position doing our jobs).

We have to remember that, for the most part, we're all on the same side guys. Just my :twocents:

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I wouldn't say "if you open carry you're asking for trouble" - but you certainly will get to talk to some of the really weird nervous sheep. And the occasional police officer - more often than if you keep it under wraps. I really don't like having to talk to weird nervous sheep. Or policemens. But it's your choice and I will defend it.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Fine points from the video...

The cops must respond to the call.

They're probably going to call in the license to see if it's good, they do the same with driver's licenses and license plates.

Why did the off duty cop call that in? They must have been bored....

I felt like the girl was getting a little too pissy for my taste...just a little over-defensive spouting out it's my right its our right and all that. We know...

I get it it's our rights just like lots of other things, but you don't have to make a scene. Grant it having 3-4 cops show up is kinda making a scene, but it could have been handled a little more ...relaxed, comply, carry on. Shouldn't have been called in.

Just my opinion.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I completely understand that. But let's be honest, it is MUCH less likely. Someone would have to be looking for a CCer, and know what to look for. (Most Leftist sheeple don't know what to look for)

Generally speaking, if you open carry in crowded public places, you are just asking for trouble. It's totally fine if you are politely and intelligently trying to make a point about our 2nd Amendment rights. Just don't get too upset when you get hassled by other customers, employees, and the police. Also, don't be surprised if said police officers give you hard time because you decide to video tape them and put them on YouTube. (it certainly would be aggravating if you or I were put in that position doing our jobs).

We have to remember that, for the most part, we're all on the same side guys. Just my :twocents:

They're not doing their job. I Ask "Am I being detained?" Since they have no PC/RAS they may only make a consensual stop.

I love hearing all of you CCers telling everyone what will happen if they OC. It is kind of like listening to antis talk about bullet buttons and such.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    I would say seeing a pistol displayed on one's hip would constitute probable cause, as much as smelling alcohol on one's breath while driving would. I'm not saying that right, but that seems to be the reality of the matter.

I am certainly not trying to drive a divide between CCers and OCers - I think it's your right to choose how you excercise your right. But, it stands to reason that you can be hassled and possibly detained and questioned, if you choose to OC. Why not just CC in situations like that to avoid the hassle and save yourself otherwise wasted time and energy?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would say seeing a pistol displayed on one's hip would constitute probable cause, as much as smelling alcohol on one's breath while driving would. I'm not saying that right, but that seems to be the reality of the matter.

I am certainly not trying to drive a divide between CCers and OCers - I think it's your right to choose how you excercise your right. But, it stands to reason that you can be hassled and possibly detained and questioned, if you choose to OC. Why not just CC in situations like that to avoid the hassle and save yourself otherwise wasted time and energy?

CCing is also a hassle. Why not save yourself the time and energy?

And as for Probable Cause, after the LTCH is presented, that is no longer the case.

Been OCing quite a while. No hassles.

Top Bottom